Origin of your forum name

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My name on here is Russian for Mirror.

I got it from the name of a Russian film by arthouse director Andrei Tarkovsky.

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
Mine is remembered from a comic I used read as a teenager in 1950's: the Wizard I think. A character was named after the occasionally seen methane gas burn off in the Fens, Norfolk Broads. Does it still happen?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I was Banned under my old name by a member who got a Mod on his side and between em took a dislike till the mod unfairly banned me, Fairness Prevailed and i was allowed back but with a name chosen for me by the Boss. Although a lot wiser now and know how to Behave ;)

Last edited:

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Mine was my user name on a pc game I was really good at back in the early 90s. Taken from the beano character Billy Whizz. I’m not at all whizzy any more but the name stuck.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo I’m an Andrei Tarkovsky fan. I love Stalker and the original version of Solaris.

Two of the best science fiction films in my opinion! Though I tried to watch Solaris with my sister after we finished Seasons one and two of Twin Peaks. She loved Twin Peaks but Solaris was to slow and heavy for her, so I think we got up to the scene driving along the highway for 10 minutes just before he goes into space and she got bored!

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Mine came from a love of Egyptology from a young age, having been fortunate to visit the Valley of the Kings & Queens in Egypt along with the temple of Thebes I adopted Scribe as it seemed suited to the work I was doing at the time. I was specifying a custom database system and the data recording tied in with the work the Egyptian Scribes used to do so well in ancient times.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Tipitinmick stems from my motorcycle racing days. It was given to me by a fellow competitor who sadly lost his life at Cadwell park. Tip - it - in ..... As ... Tip it in to a corner. As you do with a motorcycle. ?