Ordering from Askari

Bullmoose Jackson

Hi All,

I was just wondering whether anyone has ordered from Askari before and, if so, how was the experience? They have some good prices on luggage, etc.

Thanks

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Bought a few items from there in the past without anny issues, sign upto their news letter before you order anything as you may get a special discount for your first order, not always but worth a try.

Fritz

Petri Heil! (german angler‘s greeting)
As a German I bought many times from Askari and I never had any problem.

Askaris are still famous in Germany. They fought very successfull and brave in German East Africa against the British Army while being heavily outnumbered (10000 Askaris plus 3000 Germans vs 300000 British Soldiers) led the Lion of Africa General von Lettow-Vorbeck. Germany paid still the pensions for the Askaris in the 1970th years.

Simon R

Site Supporter
They used to have the main website and also a .co.uk version with the prices in sterling but that seems to have vanished.

Have used them before though and never had any problems.

Simon

Bullmoose Jackson

As a German I bought many times from Askari and I never had any problem.

Askaris are still famous in Germany. They fought very successfull and brave in German East Africa against the British Army while being heavily outnumbered (10000 Askaris plus 3000 Germans vs 300000 British Soldiers) led the Lion of Africa General von Lettow-Vorbeck. Germany paid still the pensions for the Askaris in the 1970th years.

Thanks for the info. I had only heard of the British use of Askari soldiers from Swahili - I didn't realise that the Germans used them, too.