Orchard Place Farm - Tonbridge

Fav

I’m fishing my first match there this weekend on Lake 6.

F1s and carp. Not done much f1 fishing.

Any tips?

Anyone know what the recent form has been and winning pegs?

And most importantly (!) What’s the breakfast at the on-site caf like / any alternative recommendations for the local pre match munch?

Thanks in advance.

Newlease

Site Supporter
The pegs on the spit seem always to do well. Start on top Kit plus 2 with expander or maggot. Mainly F1 fishing, so just keep fishing further out till you contact them. Keep adjusting depth till you find them. Fish are are quite large. So don’t fish too light. Went a couple of weeks ago and cafe was shut. There is a cafe in the trading estate on The Maidstone Road just before you enter paddock wood before the railway bridge, but being a weekend might be closed. Give them a ring regarding on site cafe.

alsur

Site Supporter
The league I fish was cancelled so they fished a Individual match on lake 6 pegs 1 to 21 at end of September I didn't go apparently very few F1s were caught as some have been removed. The match was won with Carp and majority of fish caught were Skimmers. Peg 3 won peg 21 Second and peg 15 3rd, weights 81lb 80lb and 78lb, the ability Is mixed and the winner is a very good angler probably the best in league. My mate was second he had 17lb of skimmers the rest Carp.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
wear decent boots if it has rained during the last week,

place is a mud pit, watch your footing, its easy to slip over

Total

Site Supporter
Good advice chaps. Thx.

I heard they’ve moved some of the f1s to lake 5.

Lakes 5 and 6 are now more carp orientated than they used to be.....F1's are still there to be caught but not in the numbers they were and the ones that are, are a very good stamp 3 pound plus.....Both lakes also now contain a really healthy stock of skimmers, but only show up on a few pegs....As Mick said above, the mud on both lakes during the wetter months is a nightmare.....Careful how you go....(y)

Fav

We’re on the spit which I’m told is a good spot.

What would you expect a winning weight to be this time of year?

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Not a regular on lake 6 spit but I won our last club match there with just over a ton. Lots of small carp half way up the spit left side. Two end pegs on the spit right side had good weights of bigger carp all of us fishing margins and 2+2 sections. Pellets and maggots over groundbait.

alsur

Site Supporter
Our match in October last year was with 107lb second was 106lb We did use whole lake 42 anglers