Orchanton

Status
Not open for further replies.

endpeg

Thinking of a pleasure session this week not been this year.
What pegs are the Barbel on at the moment[?]
Thanks.[8D]

kieran1986

hmm i heard its not doing well at the moment i was on around peg 25 a bit ago and did well for the barbel about 4m out . i heard the bottoms exploded and it was closed off for a while not sure how true this is though

kieran1986

hmm i heard its not doing well at the moment i was on around peg 25 a bit ago and did well for the barbel about 4m out . i heard the bottoms exploded and it was closed off for a while not sure how true this is though

Cakeman

I did ok there about 2 weeks ago in a club match. I fished double red maggot with a maggot feeder over to the bouys in the middle and couldn't go wrong. I had a walk round the week before our match and to be honest everybody was ctaching but, everybody was only fishing their top 3's. The idea was to feed down the sides for first hour then start fishing there but it never happened really. If you can get a feeder out have a do with that

owddrynet

feed plenty hemp and fish a 6mm pellet over the top about 8 meters.
Margins feed loads of red maggot, dont stop feeding and make sure you slam the maggots on top of the water to make some noise. Fish 3 or 4 maggots on hook.
Our match a couple of weeks ago in pouring rain was won with over 40lb which for July is quite poor, we would usually expect one or two anglers to be getting 60lb plus.
The best pegs a few weeks ago on our match where about 12 - 15 all fishing top 2 only with the heavy maggot method. Pegs 1 - 3 and the last peg cant remember what number it is but it is the one on the right hand side of peg 1 in the deep channel.
Peg 3 caught at about 9 mtr fishing chopped worm though (all Barbel).
I drew peg 1 for 31lb not good really for what is a known peg on the point but as it was pouring down it must have put the Barbel off coming up the slope as it is a bit shallower than the other pegs down the edge. I caught at about 8/9 mtr fishing out towards opposite point feeding heavily with hemp and a few pellets with a pellet on hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.