options.

jimbo1946

This time of year their seems to be so many different views on the best approach to a water.Bearing in mind the temperatures and assorted other factors what would be your first choice approach to a medium sized commie,heavily stocked with a wide range of fish?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
My first port of call on any Stillwater (save for very large ones) is wag and mag at full depth but set up to sink slowly so to fish on the drop as well as on the deck. Best way of gauging what and how much is in there for me.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Wag and mag, slow sink to dead depth (or pole, depending on depth). I would also set up a tip rod with 15 or 20g method but with the weather turning a bit nippy, keep the baits on the tip rod on the small side until you figure out the stamp of fish. Don't ignore the margins.

endpeg

I would fish for Carp to begin with see what reaction i got, but i would loose feed Casters out my hand to catch everything.
Last hour would look again for Carp.
Its venue dependant really, if you name the venue someone may be able to help more specifically.

jimbo1946

I would fish for Carp to begin with see what reaction i got, but i would loose feed Casters out my hand to catch everything.
Last hour would look again for Carp.
Its venue dependant really, if you name the venue someone may be able to help more specifically.
Bonsai at Indholme

endpeg

You need to take everything then!
Method works to islands, margins, pinging pellets on long pole and bomb over it.
Casters out your hand will catch but you will need Carp to win.

jimbo1946

Thanks for that.Dont want to just watch the superstars on you tube
We all have cars but l wouldnt want Lewis Hamilton to teach me to drive!

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Try to get a few pointers from someone who fishes there to get you started, Can't beat local knowledge