Opening Day on the Wye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codger

The day Id been waiting for patiently(?) for what seems like an eternity arrived Sadly my plans to get out to the riverbank early was somewhat scuppered by having to do a bit of work first thing however, I found myself on the banks of the Wye and and getting the gear out by about midday.

First thing I did to announce my exceptional angling skills to the new season, was to step backwards and flatten a brand new feeder!!!! Doh!!!

Whoops.jpg

Not to worry I was soon lying back on the bank gazing at the stationary rod tip

A couple of small chubby type knocks then at about 12.45 the fantastic wrap around that indicates Barbel on the prowlnow I remember why I love fishing for these beasties so much !!!!

The first of the season safely netted a tad under 6lb. and I am one happy bunny!!!

One.jpg

They say that patience is half of the game of fishing.. well I proved it yesterdaynothing but a couple of taps for the next seven and a half hoursbut there were things to keep me amusedincluding this family of ducks swimming past occasionally!!!!

Family.jpg

Then at 8.30 the three foot twitch resulted in the this one about 5 lb I would imagine

Three.jpg

then at 9.10 the last of the day. About 3 lb.

Two.jpg

All in all not an easy daybut so good to be on the river againand proves the old saying "patience is a virtue" !!!!!

Heres to a great season everyone!!!

[:)][:)][:)]

teztench

Nice one Codger.They all look in top condition.Well done .Tight Lines[:T]

BM Angler

Good effort mate, can't grumble with 3 whiskers on the opening day.
I'll be back on the beautiful Dane next week, can't wait! You can't beat a barbel 'wrap round' and that solid resistance heading for the
snags!

Ivan heaphurst

Nice one Codger, I will not be down on the Wye this year so you can have all the whiskers that I normally catch. Good luck mate.

Codger

Originally posted by Ivan heaphurst

Nice one Codger, I will not be down on the Wye this year so you can have all the whiskers that I normally catch. Good luck mate.

Cheers Ivan...you're a gent !!!

avonangler

Nice one codger. My 15mm barbel baits proved irresistable to bream. Still had a good day though. Great to be out there again.
Here's to many more ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.