Open matches in the south east???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Love

The slapper
Can anyone put me straight on how to be aware of any open matches in or around Kent mainly on commercials but also on canals, rivers and pits?

I'm not talking about joining a club or committing to league matches to earn points. I'm more interested in fishing matches that anyone can put their name down for and it's just a one-off event. A bit like the Charity match at Hartley Lands which should see 50 - 100 entries.

Also, is there a list anywhere of teams in the area and where they are located. I'd like to get to know who's who and what's what on the circuit these days (I gave it a rest for a few years).

Any help would be appreciated.

peter9000uk

Monks Lake seems to hold regular open matches so give them a call. I think you will struggle with river/canal matches down south in general not just Kent, the only ones seem to be team events. Nobody seems interested in them anymore. I have heard of a newish match venue out Stanford le Hope way that has been running regular opens, I know it's Essex but not a million miles away.

These boys (http://www.freewebs.com/tetlys/MATCH%2DDATES.htm)have a few down your way

peter9000uk

Here's another one I just found for you

stones 2 day festival
Hi guys we still have 8 pegs left for this match on the 8/9th of sep 40 all in 1st 2nd 3rd pay outs sec payouts super pool
cafe on site bbq beer tent any more info give me a call on 07795802277 or gary on07900186336
e-mail sadv125@aol.com
web address www.freewebs.com/stoneslakes

peter9000uk

Nick Puncher Memorial Match on Saturday 25th August 2007 - Held at Hartleylands Farm, Cranbrook, Kent. 20 to enter + pools, draw @ 9:15am, Fish 11am to 4pm. There will also be a raffle. Call Mark on 07990-526242 for more info, or to book your peg.

the same charity match is also being held on monk lakes on the 27th bank holiday monday

Matt Love

The slapper
My names already down for Nick's, I work a few yards from his shop.

Haven't heard about Monks on 27th, who's running it? Do you have any more info please Pete.

gal69

Theres regular Sat. matches at Stones Fisheries,i think the match at Monks on the 27th is a Blean Angling match

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
The problem is most matches are word of mouth and are seldom in the angling press, it as if the organisers don't want you fishing them, probably frightened of a bit if competition! It is rare to get to fish a big match if you are not in a team as most tend to be small knock ups.

I know Dave who is running the Stones Festival, I can stick you name down if you like I think he has only 5 places left now?

Not fished the place myself yet and keep meaning to get there one Saturday. It is well stocked with carp, f1s, and silverfish, Pole and paste/pellet fishing dose well as far as I know.

I was planning to take the place apart fishing shallow though[:D][:p]

Matt Love

The slapper
Nick - I'm beginning to think that if you were the guy in Jaws trying to catch that 25 foot Great White you'd being doing it shallow with pellets[:p]

I'm not sure about the match at stones, I've not picked up a pole for ten years!

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
You have plenty of time to practice[:D]

I like fishing shallow for carp either on a pole or rod, its a simple method really 50% of the skill is feeding, the other knowing how to work the rig the way the fish want it on the day. In the summer most of the time it is where the fish want to feed, quite often in the winter too!

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Originally posted by nick_gilbert

I was planning to take the place apart fishing shallow though[:D][:p]

Nick trust you would take the place apart fishing shallow[:p]

MarkG

Hello Yalding Bloke (Matt)
How did you get on finding open matches in Kent ? I fish with Tetly lot the Metro Musketeers and we have several matches in kent in 2008 and its a GREAT club and all open matches ! BUT i would also be interested in other open matches on saturdays and wednesday (if not working)..at monks or framields etc
Send me an e-mail and let me know if you fished any ..its always good to know someone at an open match !
e-mail address is mark@eurosis.com
Cheers Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.