Oops

johng19

me@home.com
Sitting there 3.30 wifes just going to work, I say see you later, she says you haven't got me a Christmas card, running all over the place looking for one. :rolleyes:

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I buy Christmas, birthday and anniversary cards write in them and hide them in the spare wheel well just in case I forget. Saves
getting caught out, yes I`m a clever dick.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just make her one John, it's the thought that counts and there's nothing more thoughtful than a homemade card

Total

Site Supporter
I buy Christmas, birthday and anniversary cards write in them and hide them in the spare wheel well just in case I forget. Saves
getting caught out, yes I`m a clever dick.

Mrs Pomp said before you got your eye sorted you wasn't a 'clever dick'......You was constantly sitting in next doors front room! ;):giggle:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Mate.... I'm that clued up she even gets one signed from the cats... Xmas/birthday/anniverary cards are non-negotiable... get it right man.... otherwise you'll face a lifetime of a recurring point scoring from her every time you have a row.... make a point in noticing she's had her hair done, even if she hasn't... pre-emptive compliments work.. I ??????

johng19

me@home.com
Managed to get one, thought I done well, give it her when she came home.
Still said i forgot, i said it was upstairs just forgot to right it out. Just made me a coffee mite of got away with it.

jods

Site Supporter
My excuse is i'm saving the Environment, Here have a Christmas Whatsapp.

breadflake

Site Supporter
and always keep the reciept off the pressie so she can get what she really wants.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The wife got a prezzie, she knows damned well i ain't wasting anymore money so she ain't getting a card!

johng19

me@home.com
Mate.... I'm that clued up she even gets one signed from the cats... Xmas/birthday/anniverary cards are non-negotiable... get it right man.... otherwise you'll face a lifetime of a recurring point scoring from her every time you have a row.... make a point in noticing she's had her hair done, even if she hasn't... pre-emptive compliments work.. I ??????
Been there didn't work. About to weeks ago, she had her pajarmers
The wife got a prezzie, she knows damned well i ain't wasting anymore money so she ain't getting a card!
Wouldn't bother me if I never got a card dont really see the point, you know who cares.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Don't mind buying presents. In fact I like to put a lot of consideration into it, in the hope that I get her something she really likes/wants.
Cards however are a total No No. I refuse to buy them. Didn't help when I found out Bryan Robson owned one of the shops that sold them

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Have never bought Mrs Maesknoll a Xmas present or card since we bought our first house and were skint. She doesn’t buy one for me, how easy is that!!

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Just announce on Facebook to your family and friends that you are not sending cards but instead will be making a charitable donation. Save yourself loads of hassle and a charity gets a bit of cash. Winner winner, Turkey dinner.

johng19

me@home.com
Just been reading somthing on the net saying you should not give cards now to save the planet. That sounds good.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I reckon more paper is used in wrapping presents than making cards - perhaps we should ban presents lol