Online Maggots

gt18

Hi all,
Ordered a couple of pints of maggots through a large tackle shop. Got the confirmation, dispatched yesterday and arrived today... Great.
Unfortunately they are dead... anyone else having issues with online live bait orders???

GT:rolleyes:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Ah they definitely dead? Got my maggot delivery from bobco this morning and they appeared dead on arrival but half an hour in the fridge got them wriggling again. They look really good now.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Willy Worms mate, had no problems with them. The last lot of maggots I ordered from them arrived the day after and in half an hour were very lively, as did the worms

Gaz9243

Did they come in a sealed bag? If so, then transfer them to a bait tub, or bucket loose, they will more than likely just be dormant. Give them a couple of hours

Dusty

I got mine from bobco the other day and assumed they were dead so chucked them in the freezer ?‍♂️ My bad.

lp1886

If they’ve only been in the freezer a few days they’ll probably still be alive and come round once exposed to air.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Mail order maggots always look dead. As has been said, put them in a bait tub and leave them indoors for two hours. Don’t put them in the fridge till they are really wriggly. (y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just dug up a dozen worms to compliment the maggots, cost nothing but a bit of sweat ;)

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
Bagging up maggots is a good way of keeping them fresh for a long time. It's what we do in Ireland.

Just got to remember to un-bag them at least a day before you want to use them.

sampower

I get mine from Willys.. they come in breathable bags with sawdust. I'm having a nightmare trying to keep them tamed though.. want to keep them fresh for a couple of shallow sessions this weekend - bagged them all up in re-sealable's , took all air out etc and packed tight but they're still getting out.

Good job my missus let me have a bait fridge! :LOL: :LOL:

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
got mine from willys worm last week all good going to take daughter on canal tommorrow to use what's left