One Summer Pond - Linear fisheries

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
The description on their site says it is a small pond filled with mixed species, aimed at beginner/junior level. This sounds perfect for where I’m at, but given the reputation of how busy Linear tends to be at weekends, I’m somewhat put off.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this pond and how busy it was?

Thanks in advance

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Be interested to see if anyone has fished it as have wondered about it myself. On the whole I believe linear can be a bit of a circus as it’s so busy.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Be interested to see if anyone has fished it as have wondered about it myself. On the whole I believe linear can be a bit of a circus as it’s so busy.
That is exactly what concerns me - I did give them a ring at lunchtime and they advised whilst the pond is very busy in the summer, it is much quieter now and I’d be able to ‘easily’ get a swim at the weekend...I might bite the bullet and give it a go...

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
What part of the Linear site is it on. ?
I fish Newlands which is near a couple of Linear waters.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Looking at the map it looks like it’s a small area of water near the club shop.

I did spot Newlands online, it’s on my list to check out at some point.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Looking at the map it looks like it’s a small area of water near the club shop.

I did spot Newlands online, it’s on my list to check out at some point.
Phone States tackle in Witney ,they will give you all the details, more than likely cheaper to join that than have a few day tickets on Linear,
Some brilliant fish in the waters they have,
Own all the waters, and all otter fenced, cars are secure and can park near the waters.

bluemack

Site Supporter
This probably won,t be much help to be honest but here goes,i fished this pool about 20 years ago it was,nt known as summer pool
back then it was known as "the float only pool" and promised all day rod bending action!!!!! SO i thought i,ll have a bit of that for a change.
Anyway 3 of us went for a day of action:) 1 Mate had about 4 fish,another mate had nothing(not even a nibble).and i had of all things
a single Grayling....................Never been back since.
I,m sure it,s a lot better than it was for us,so my reply probably has,nt been too helpful.:(:(

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Thanks Bluemack, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. They advertise something similar now, so I hope things have changed since you last went ?

I’m going to take a trip on Sunday morning. I’ll keep you all posted on how I get on.

bluemack

Site Supporter
Cheers Sam,i thought he meant this coming Sunday.
Not the best days fishing then.:(

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
It wasn’t a great day but I suspect very much down to my own ability or lack of as much as the fish..

A guy a few pegs down from me landed 4 carp between 4-7lb range mark on worms.
Another chap and his lad unfortunately blanked.

A venue perhaps best for the warmer months..