One Pan Cooking

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Been left on my own again today

her royal wenchness is out sitting on babies yet again, not that I mind that, it gives her great pleasure to be with the kids

so Im stumped for what to cook for my tea, theres a bowl of leftover veg from yesterday in the fridge, along with two big old cow mushrooms, eggs, some tomatoes and a single pasty

well why not, out with the frying pan and get started on the mushys, cut the toms in half and under the grill, toms done and in the oven on a plate to keep warm along with the pasty

get started on the bubble, cooked and brown bits showing, mushys out and its halved between the two of em, like little plates eh !

4 eggs straight back in the fry pan and left to get that nice crinkly edging to em with the yolks still fairly runny

slap the eggs on top of the bubble, pasty on the side, arrange the toms around it all, generous doses of fresh cracked black pepper and HP

and Michaels a full old boy

washing up, one fry pan, one plate, one spatula and a knife and fork

NB in all the years of eating grilled tomatoes why cant this old fool remember they are as hot as Vesuvius inside, burnt the roof of my mouth

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I like the odd 'one pan meal'. I throw just about anything in with beaten eggs and call it a Spanish omelette.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
My favourite meal of Xmas is a Boxing Day fry up of all the Xmas Day dinner....that's why I always prepare extra. Chopped up roasties, carrot & turnip, chopped sprouts plus some shredded turkey & bacon.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I cooked for the first time in ages on Tuesday. Stir fry in the wok. Simples.