one island pond in mitcham

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjackson

hi i am visiting mitcham and thinking of taking my dad fishing
has any body fished it lately . last time i went was 35 years ago.
any info would help
cheers[:H]

gibby

Used too fish it regularly as a kid and went back after a 30 year gap last August..

It was not nearly as well kept or as deep as I remembered, but as we were staying with friends in the area so I thought I would give it a try one afternoon. Had lots of small (and I mean small) roach on float fished maggot and a switch to bread flake produced a small carp that looked to be about a pound. A bloke walking his dog stopped for a chat who said he fished it fairly regularly and there were tench and bigger carp in there but early morning or late evening was the best time. He said you were supposed to have a permit from Croydon Council to fish it, but he claimed that no one ever came around to check.

The only other people fishing that day were a large group of West Indians who had set up a barbie with accompanying music and plenty of beer. Dont know if they caught much but they invited me to join them and I spent a very pleasant few hours.

kjackson

hi gibby thanks for the info
i will give it a try on bank hoilday week end , not really bothered
about catching its more for my dad as hes not able to go on his own these days i expect he will catch a few which he will enjoy
i used to mainly fish the seven islands as a lad mostly tench
i did contact mitcham council and the one island is free fishing
once again thanks for the info
best regards
keith

gibby

No problem mate and good luck on the bank holiday hope you and your old dad manage to catch a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.