One for the Techies

Wily Coyote

Site Supporter
Have recently had to purchase a new Android Tablet (Version 7) as my old one died (Version 5) but am having a problem with it, despite standing next to the Router (TP-Link Archer 400) it continuously appears to connect and disconnect instantaneously and nothing stays on the screen for more than a couple of seconds which doesn`t give time to input anything. I would add that this is a replacement tablet and the original one did exactly the same but the manufacturer said there was nothing wrong with it - does anyone know what is causing this or that Android 7 has any compatibility problems and yes I have turned it on/off/reset etc.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
why are you using a TP Link router? is that from your ISP or one you purchased? do any other devices disconnect or have similar issues, did the TP link work fine with the tablet?

there are loads of threads on disconnecting and if you can rule out the TP Link then it should be a setting on the phone, but i would always start at the router and make sure its up to date and work back from there.

cant hyper link the search, but if you search for android 7 wifi disconnect there are lots of threads

good luck

Somersetlad

It's probably an IP address problem, in most domestic situations, the router and any devices connected to it need to be set to DHCP, then they'll sort themselves out, otherwise is there another wifi nearby on the same channel?

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
It's very difficult to be certain, but it might come down to battery saving functions. As apps and devices have got more advanced, they have a nasty habit of shutting down unused functionality in short order to extend battery life. This can cause problems if you are not aware of them.

Connectivity issues often come down to IP settings and dual band wi-fi. One device operating in dual band, and another not, can cause drop out issues, especially in an area crowded with connecting devices of different types.

jods

Site Supporter
What make of tablet is it?
Try using your phone as a wifi hotspot see if it connects to that.

Wily Coyote

Site Supporter
Sorry - went fishing, in answer to some questions my ISP doesn't supply routers you have to buy them and I've never had a problem with TP-Link although I do have to use a Wi-Fi extender to reach some areas, I don't have a smart phone so can't use that, my previous tablet ( Hudl2 ) worked fine.
In answer to jods the tablet is a Neocore E1 purchased via Amazon.