one for the lfc fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris w

pc problem solver
it has been reported that Torres has passed a medical at anfield today ahead of signing a contract tomorrow

further details at http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/

Last edited:

stemlfc

Steve
Good news and i'm well chuffed. Bit sad to see Luis garcia go though, one of my favorite players at Liverpool for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58E17ST9nt8

One of the best goals I've ever seen.

chris w

pc problem solver
amazing that goal was and yes i would have preferred to keep luis garcia and maybe got rid of craig bellamy as i dont think hes any good for us

stemlfc

Steve
Originally posted by chris w

amazing that goal was and yes i would have preferred to keep luis garcia and maybe got rid of craig bellamy as i dont think hes any good for us

Never really matured as a player, hope he goes back to Blackburn, he was brilliant there.

slf

NUFC
if he has gone for 27 million it is too much especially when henry went to barca for 16 million

chris w

pc problem solver
time will tell but the man utd fans are as jealous as hell
as they tried to sign him but he didnt want to know

their loss our gain lets just see what he does and then judge him

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
Torres is not as good as he is made out to be, theres no denying he's a fantastic player and will do the job at Liverpool, but I think its probably too much. He either has days where he works hard and nothing happens and days where something happens. He's not really a consistant performer. I think he'll probably end up with about 10-15 goals next season.

murph999

Hope he can hack it in the Premier League , remember Morientes ????

Like someone above said .... "Time Will Tell"

Useless

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez believes Fernando Torres will be far better suited to the English game than Fernando Morientes after spending a club record fee on the Spain international.

The 23-year-old has signed a six-year deal at Anfield after Liverpool paid Atletico Madrid just under 20million plus Luis Garcia for his services.

Although Morientes cost just 6.3million from Real Madrid in January 2005, he also arrived with a big reputation but went on to flop in the Premiership, managing just eight goals in 41 appearances in the league before moving to Valencia last summer.

But Benitez thinks Torres will settle quickly and represents a sure thing.

He said: 'The difference between Torres and Morientes is massive. Morientes is a fantastic player and a very good professional but he needed to be close to the box and he's a great finisher. But Fernando (Torres) can be deep, he can run, he can go both sides, he can keep the ball. He's a different kind of player and physically he is stronger than Morientes. I think he will do better in the English league. He gives us more options up front and he's the kind of player we needed.'

Torres believes his big move comes at the right time in his career, ending his 12-year association with Atletico.

He said: 'I needed to make that step up at this point of my career. I wanted to go to a club where I could enjoy Champions League football and test myself on the European stage. From the word 'go', the club and the manager showed a lot of confidence in me. It's a fascinating league and I've always loved English football. It's two dreams come true. I've always wanted to play in England and I've always wanted to play at Liverpool so two dreams have come true.'

Let's face it, I was never going to play for Man Ure cos they is rubbish and I hate them.

Btw, Morientes notched 12 goals in 61 appearances for Liverpool, 14 as a substitute. To be fair to the bloke there's been far bigger flops in the Premier League than Morientes.

stemlfc

Steve
For days I've had remarks 'He'll flop' etc etc at me because a lot of the Utd fans are jealous. [:(!]
I'm sure it would be different if he signed for Utd though eh [;)]
I'm extremely happy he's signed and i think he'll be a great success.
They'll shut up once they snap up Tevez.

And before i get my head bitten off in here, i'm not saying every Utd fan says this but it's been non stop. Mainly from the X-Arsenal supporters (Glory boys).

chris w

pc problem solver
Originally posted by stemlfc

For days I've had remarks 'He'll flop' etc etc at me because a lot of the Utd fans are jealous. [:(!]
I'm sure it would be different if he signed for Utd though eh [;)]
I'm extremely happy he's signed and i think he'll be a great success.
They'll shut up once they snap up Tevez.
).

a source close to a friend of mine has said that the man utd deal may well not go ahead if Gabriel Heinze leaves utd.and that Carlos Tevez is being spoken to on a daily basis by mascherano to come and play at Liverpool weather this materializes is another thing as the premiership have threatened to block any transfer involving Tevez unless west ham get the majority of the transfer fee and not his allegedly corrupt football agent.

Last edited:

Matt Simmy

Matress
Site Supporter
When who snap him up?? You can have Torres....... Tevez is proven in Prem.[;)][;)][;)

Last edited:

Nightowluk

Originally posted by Matt Simmy

When who snap him up?? You can have Torres....... Tevez is proven in Prem.[;)][;)][;)

just what has he proven? he scored 7 goals in 29 games. ok, he scored them in the last 10 games, but does it not worry you that he didn't score in his first 19 games? you'll tell me he was playing for a poor team and he took 19 games to settle in.
torres has been averaging 17-18 goals per season playing up front on his own in a mid-table side. i know which one i'd rather have.

stemlfc

Steve

To emphasize what Nightowl said, you were not saying that last year when Torres was heavily linked with Utd were you? [;)]

chris w

pc problem solver
Originally posted by stemlfc

To emphasize what Nightowl said, you were not saying that last year when Torres was heavily linked with Utd were you? [;)]

i think the man utd fans are just jealous as they think that all the best player want to go and play for united well this proves it that not all the best players want to play for utd

the lad has taken a pay cut and will now play for the only team in the premiership that he wanted to play for LIVERPOOL F.C

stemlfc

Steve
Originally posted by spud

didnt he cost them 21.5 million plus luis garcia

The Luis Garcia deal was a separate deal. Torres cost round about 20 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.