Onbox footplate height

Steve88

If you are anything like me, extra trays mean more terminal tackle and a weight increase! Just recently on one of the front legs of my footplate, the thread on the tightening clamp (or a part of it) now won't tighten. What I've done is to determine my optimum default height from the ground for the plate. I found some black waste pipe (32mm) and cut it to fit over the leg (just) direct to the mud feet at one end and the support blister on the clamp at the other. Worked fine as I was standing up on it on Friday landing decent carp late in my session. Around 2 meters of pipe costs around £5.
I think I'll go with the longer leg option, an extra tray comes to around the price of two extra legs but doesn't give me as much vertically as the legs do, I can swap the smaller legs of the footplate with the 2 from the front of the box as well. I've had issues being tall before I didn't think fishing would be one of them haha, If my dad was an angler I'd
have loved to see his box at 6" 9' it might have looked like the tower of piza? ???

Steve88

Yeah thanks for the help everyone, means a lot, as a relatively newcomer to the sport the advice I've received and also goodwill has been amazing, I asked the question here being a tad lazy but also knowing people here would have tried and tested results with similar problems.

Once again thanks for all the options to look at

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
You can also get a pack of bespoke preston xs leg levellers that fit over the 23mm legs. There are 3 sizes used to set your legs level from footplate through the first legs on the box and then the back legs...Your box and footplate are always starting from level....There a 2 sets of 3 sizes in each pack I think. They are 2.5 inches , 1 inch and 0.5 inches respectively. So depending on how many you buy you could raise the box above the knuckles combining packs as you wish but you obviously lose leg height for your trays. If you go down the extra drawer unit route then the deep drawer adds 2 inches and the shallow drawer adds 1.5 inches to the height.