Onbox footplate height

Steve88

I've acquired an onbox fishing box off a pal, the issue I have with been quite tall is when I'm sat on my box, with the footplate out my knees are higher than my hips,which hurts my back after a while.

Can I attach the footplate to the parts of the legs that extend out of the thicker legs?

I can lower the thick legs but this then means my attachments are lower than I'd like them.

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
If its cassette style, slides in and out you might have a problem. I think you will have to add sections to the actual drawer system to raise the seat level.
You can buy foot plates that attach to the legs and swing up when not in use. Somebody with the same box might be able to give more detailed advice. I have the opposite problem to you, me being a short ar5e??

Steve88

If its cassette style, slides in and out you might have a problem. I think you will have to add sections to the actual drawer system to raise the seat level.
You can buy foot plates that attach to the legs and swing up when not in use. Somebody with the same box might be able to give more detailed advice. I have the opposite problem to you, me being a short ar5e??
Yeah it's the cassette type, that was my first thought about extra bits to go under the seat, will give extra storage aswell, but the ones I looked at didn't look they would fit.

Will do some further investigation

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I assume you have raised the H block of the seat to the maximum hight of the legs and the footplate the lowest. If you have, more storage units to lift the seat is the only way.

Steve88

I assume you have raised the H block of the seat to the maximum hight of the legs and the footplate the lowest. If you have, more storage units to lift the seat is the only way.
Apologies but I'm not sure what you mean by the h block of the seat.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
The seat and storage is mounted on a H which moves up or down the legs each corner has a hand wheel. Only having my phone at work I can't past images,

Gaz9243

Is yours this type?

Attachments

• 5F336EE7-41E1-4DD2-9BB4-8DC197885911.jpeg
    5F336EE7-41E1-4DD2-9BB4-8DC197885911.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 11

Steve88

I know what you mean now, I did move the h block down but that moved the overall leg height down which, I wasn't a huge fan of raising the box because of my attachmennts were a lot lower than I'd like but may have to go down that route.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
You may need to look into longer legs or leg extensions depending on the actual box, if it's the square legs you may struggle.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Preston do make 75cm long legs in the 30mm round, not sure about the 36mm round legs.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
224035536980 eBay item no,measure your legs at home then shop about as you will possibly need 4 unless it's just to raise your side tray side then 2 might do.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
I just did a search for preston innovation 23mm legs the ones I found are for 66cm.

Steve88

They might be the 25mm actually as they are black, but I've managed to find some thank you

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
No prob, mate killed at least 10 mins while I'm supposed to working, also helps owning seat box's and various attachments.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
As long as your on the right path @Steve88 all that matters by the way all preston off box 36 attachments can fit either the 23 25 mm square legs you just need the correct insert.

Steve88

Legend thanks I was debating not using the footplate at all, could barely stand up when I finished my session yesterday, do you know if the legs are measured as external or internal diameter