On the Mole again.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Finally finished the D word to lucscious lady friend's satisfaction. So off to the river. Brrrrr
Spent two hours trotting. Not a touch.
So, down to the weirpool and the trusty maggot feeder.
One lovely Roach of near enough a pound. Fin and scale perfect. Ten minutes later lost another. The time passed and then a peculiar trembling pull. Lifted into something that was annoyed. Decided that it was a half decent Chub. It turned out to be a whopper of a Perch.
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls was that.

mikey393

Site Supporter
Good write up Phil. What stretch of The Mole were you fishing? Just trying to place the weirpool as well? I'm a Leatherhead D.A.S. member so our matches are at Young Street & go down the river from there. We also fish joint matches on Dorking's stretch of the river.

Feldy

Site Supporter
We've got a stretch of the mole near Cobham, haven't visited as yet.

RedhillPhil

Site Supporter
Good write up Phil. What stretch of The Mole were you fishing? Just trying to place the weirpool as well? I'm a Leatherhead D.A.S. member so our matches are at Young Street & go down the river from there. We also fish joint matches on Dorking's stretch of the river.

Dorking stretch just downstream of Hillier's garden centre.

Hathers

The stretch immediately behind Hilliers is known as the Donkey Field, below Hilliers is the Bathing Field and this drops (weir) into the famous North Bank.

RedhillPhil

Site Supporter
The North Bank - where I hooked and lost a submarine of a Barbel about five years ago. The mental scars will never leave.