On the edge of the precipice - an imminent decent into the dark side

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Thanks everyone - I think the Fox micron is the way I’m going to go.

It could be worse - he borrowed his mums phone and created his own Amazon Christmas/birthday list (only 8 days apart) which currently contains 10 books and £15,000 worth of Lego :eek::eek::eek::eek:

He won’t be getting the Lego :LOL::LOL:

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
No he’s happy with the rod & reel as it is but he wants the noise and lights that go with a bite, hence an alarm.
Would a dog with a flashing waggy tail be cheaper, healthier, and trendy? One that barks when the rod/reel moves (Chris Yates had one on the Hampshire Avon) The dog doesn't need to retrieve the fish, your lad does that. Just saying:D

John Step

Site Supporter
How about a camo set that won't break the bank, plus he can brag off to his mates. Each alarm can have it's own tone, and volume can be adjusted

Here is what I suspect about alarms such as these. Looking at the shape of the receiver and the alarms I think many come from the same Chinese factory albeit with different features. They look the same as the ones TFG supplied before going out of carp tackle. The same generic shape and spec keeps on appearing under different banners.
The price obviously varies according to which "must have " name appears on the label.

I can vouch that they are perfectly workable but do ascertain that they are UK sourced otherwise delivery from China could be after Christmas:eek:
Oh yes and do get the wireless sounder receiver with a function of silent/vibrate to preserve your sanity.