On a roll

OLD SCHOOL

I went over the lake this morning, I was there at 5am, caught a mirror at 6.35 and was home for breakfast at 8.30, I have had 5 of these early morning trips now, I lost one the first trip. had a nice mirror the second trip, anice common the 3 rd trip, another mirror the 4th trip and that one today, I put it down to raking the swim first, then baiting up and then to keep the prebait going in, and here is the most important bit and it is why i pack up early and get away without anyone seeing me,.........the first time someone see's you catch something you are f****d, it has happened so many times now. Be back tomorrow for another go,I would really love a tench, as I said elsewhere I never had tench the whole of last season,,You might be interested in the gear I was using, it is for maximum fun..................Edgar sealey glass carp master with a Ray walton pin with 10lb line...the other rod is a 10ft Appollo ali rod with a Bob James pin and 10lb line, bait was bacon grill or halibut pellet,like I said maximum fun ,you should have seem the bend in them rods.happy days

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Strange how raking doesn`t scare fish, early to start early to finish, suits me too.

CarpCatcher86

I went over the lake this morning, I was there at 5am, caught a mirror at 6.35 and was home for breakfast at 8.30, I have had 5 of these early morning trips now, I lost one the first trip. had a nice mirror the second trip, anice common the 3 rd trip, another mirror the 4th trip and that one today, I put it down to raking the swim first, then baiting up and then to keep the prebait going in, and here is the most important bit and it is why i pack up early and get away without anyone seeing me,.........the first time someone see's you catch something you are f****d, it has happened so many times now. Be back tomorrow for another go,I would really love a tench, as I said elsewhere I never had tench the whole of last season,,You might be interested in the gear I was using, it is for maximum fun..................Edgar sealey glass carp master with a Ray walton pin with 10lb line...the other rod is a 10ft Appollo ali rod with a Bob James pin and 10lb line, bait was bacon grill or halibut pellet,like I said maximum fun ,you should have seem the bend in them rods.happy days
You can't argue with the consistency. But do you seriously only catch one fish each day before going home?

OLD SCHOOL

Yeap,5 or 6 hours is enough for me in the summer, I have so many things buzzing around in my head while I am fishing that I can't wait to get home and get in the shed and start tinkering

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I used to love early morning fishing in June. Get to the pond for 5am, fish until 7.30 then off to work. I used to have at least a couple of carp or tench in the net before it was time to get back to the grindstone. And the pond to myself. Happy days.