Omicron...More good news from South Africa

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
In my opinion all adults by now have had chance to be double jabbed and boosted. NHS situation is now down to staff having to isolate even though most are still well. Time to treat it as a virus and if your well enough mask up and get in work.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
At the end of the day the vaccine is only good for a limited period of time. It's not a permanent fix for the individual.
Flu was the biggy two years ago killing thousands year in year out around the world. It's not really talked about as such nowadays, yet it's still there. I still have to have a different jab every year dependent on anticipated strain and hope I don't catch it as it could kill me.
Why aren't all the people who are unvaccinated against the flu not setting standards and requesting a flu jab? Okay. You might have to pay for it but is it any different if it saves other people's lives?

Btw. Im not pointing fingers I'm just highlighting how two very similar viruses are treated very differently by the general populous even though they can cause the same problems for those unfortunate enough to be debilitated by them.

First of all I hope to god you never get flu and die. I’d just like to say that my angling friend.

Secondly, and I’ll be completely honest with you …. I’ve never had a flu jab. But, your post has me thinking. I’ve never thought of catching it and passing it to such as yourself. For that I apologise. I’ve no excuse. Simply ignorance. In my mind I’ve always thought it was something you had when you got older. ( to protect yourself ) I think I should look into that. I won’t be eligible at 54 for a free flu jab but, I don’t suppose it’s that expensive. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers pal. 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick You can now get a free flu vaccine if you are 50years old or over. ;)

I don’t need reminding I’m getting old Peter. My cracking knees keep reminding me of that. 🤣🤣. Just dropped my missus off at work and she’s going to ask about getting me a flu jab. 👍 Again, out of the two of us there’s only me can have it. SWMBO has allergies to nearly everything ……. Except my debit card. 😩🤣🤣👍

Cheers Peter. 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
No need to get a PCR test now if your lateral flow test is positive but, you show no symptoms. Are we on the verge of being told ……. ‘ Live with it people ‘ I guess it had to come one day. We can’t afford to carry on like we have been. 🤷‍♂️

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My immediate family are very strict and/or obliging when it comes to vaccines, masks, social distancing etc due to having GPs in the family that advise us, but at the end of the day, they only get their guidance from experts like many other people, so everyone has a right to choose. Personally I'm pretty thankful to the experts that advise us all but see the argument that it's about freedom to choose. I think the idea of vaccine passes etc are a happy medium between cautious and tyrannical. "Your names not down, you're not coming in" kind of thing.

stump28

The vaccine doesn't work for everyone, there is no "one size fits all".
I know just as many people (more) who have had the jabs and been ill with covid.

The msn are saying how hospital staff shortages are making the crises, not the covid patients!
Aparently there are lots of nurse, doctors etc leaving to find alternative employment, who can blame them after the government have told them they will be sacked if they don't have the jabs by march!
Surely if the front line staff, staff who have worked on covid wards and see the very worst of it are refusing the jab they have good reason to do so?

Hospitals are getting clogged looking after elderly people now because theres no carers to look after them in homes, because the tyranical government sacked so many of them for not wanting to be injected.
I think it was an Australian politician I saw put it best, if you want to drive a car you need a licence, if you want to work with children you need dbr checks, if you want to care for the vulnerable you need a vaccine

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My immediate family are very strict and/or obliging when it comes to vaccines, masks, social distancing etc due to having GPs in the family that advise us, but at the end of the day, they only get their guidance from experts like many other people, so everyone has a right to choose. Personally I'm pretty thankful to the experts that advise us all but see the argument that it's about freedom to choose. I think the idea of vaccine passes etc are a happy medium between cautious and tyrannical. "Your names not down, you're not coming in" kind of thing.

Emphasising / exaggerating the need to social distance might have helped more. Why do people feel the need to get up close to talk to me ? Covid or no Covid I’ve never liked that. 🤷‍♂️

TiggerXFM

I think it was an Australian politician I saw put it best, if you want to drive a car you need a licence, if you want to work with children you need dbr checks, if you want to care for the vulnerable you need a vaccine
If you can't drive properly you are likely to crash into something.
If you work with kids and not checked out you may be a molester and
If you don't have the jab you may contract or pass any cold to other in exactly the same as if you have three or more jabs.

So imo, the australian politician is just pushing narrative, doing as he is told.

stump28

If you can't drive properly you are likely to crash into something.
If you work with kids and not checked out you may be a molester and
If you don't have the jab you may contract or pass any cold to other in exactly the same as if you have three or more jabs.

So imo, the australian politician is just pushing narrative, doing as he is told.
Passing COVID or passing a cold isn’t comparable

stump28

Hang on, didn’t you post about the Aussie’s comments?
Yeah you mentioned about passing a cold, I’m talking about COVID vaccines. I think there’s some mainstream confusion with some people having cold like symptoms and it being a cold.

Also no ones been forced to leave jobs, they’ve been given a choice.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Keir Starmer has tested positive for Covid. Hasn’t he had it once already ? 🤔

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yeah you mentioned about passing a cold, I’m talking about COVID vaccines. I think there’s some mainstream confusion with some people having cold like symptoms and it being a cold.

Also no ones been forced to leave jobs, they’ve been given a choice.

Let’s hope the 120,000 NHS staff that haven’t had the vaccine don't walk then. Or we are up #### creek. 🤷‍♂️