Omicron...More good news from South Africa

brian carragher

Site Supporter
You are completely wasting your cyber ink/memory/server space Bri, even though your right....(y)
Its strange though how some folk still don't get it, wonder what it'll take, do they have to lose close family members before reality hits home

For the benefit of doubt nearly all covid deaths result from the body's inability to absorb oxygen and their lungs slowly but surely collapse very much like pneumonia does to a body and I'll tell anyone this, you don't want to watch your nearest slowly suffer and die in front of you gasping for breath and using all their remaining strength just to try breathing in and the more they try the more exhausted they get and the more they try........................

Frankly ifs fuc n awful and I hope no one on here has to go through watching it until the bitter end

62tucker

Site Supporter
Definitely don’t want to watch a parent take their last death breath. Been there twice.

Omicron is more chest and upper Airways than down in the lungs. Reason it’s not caused as many deaths

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Definitely don’t want to watch a parent take their last death breath. Been there twice.

Omicron is more chest and upper Airways than down in the lungs.

It’s not good choose which variant you catch and I hope to god no other MD ers get it. I reckon me and the missus had the milder one and that was not nice. Do whatever you can to avoid it. If wearing a mask for a couple of minutes in a shop bloody do it. If not for anyone else do it for yourself. You do not want Covid.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Its strange though how some folk still don't get it, wonder what it'll take, do they have to lose close family members before reality hits home

For the benefit of doubt nearly all covid deaths result from the body's inability to absorb oxygen and their lungs slowly but surely collapse very much like pneumonia does to a body and I'll tell anyone this, you don't want to watch your nearest slowly suffer and die in front of you gasping for breath and using all their remaining strength just to try breathing in and the more they try the more exhausted they get and the more they try........................

Frankly ifs fuc n awful and I hope no one on here has to go through watching it until the bitter end
Try being on the receiving end - twice I couldn't breathe at all, almost as if my lungs had been switched off, if you can imagine drowning out of water that's about as close as I can describe the experience.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Try being on the receiving end - twice I couldn't breathe at all, almost as if my lungs had been switched off, if you can imagine drowning out of water that's about as close as I can describe the experience.
I would put a "like" on that post but it seems wrong and impersonal somehow but I know exactly where you're coming from

Griffo

Site Supporter
Our lateral flows are nose only the PCR test I did yesterday that came back positive today was nose and throat. I new I had it since Firdy so stayed in and I've doen 4 loateral flows and

unfortunately I know exactly what you mean, first round October 20 and left me as Weak as a kitten, now second time round, pretty heavy for last three days hopefully will pass in a day or do but its just as bad as first time round even double jabbed. But I do think the jabs have made a difference, testing well that’s just a frigging lottery, LFS 5 neg, I new I had it so stayed away from everyone, wasent until day 6 LFS and then PCR confirmed it, so apologies in advance for the increased post count but I’m now climbing the walls, 6 days and counting.

Griffo

Site Supporter

I can’t disagree with a word you have said, sounds like you have been through it also, sorry for that fella, me and Mum spent the last day watching it take my Dad, gloves gowns masks the lot, Oct 2020 I begged them to start him on morpheme, but it still took 14 hours he wasn’t giving up without a fight. I’ve seen some pretty violent rubbish in my early service, but that day will haunt me for the rest of my life.

JLK

Im triple jabbed. I wear a mask when out in public and at work. I also have a serious heart condition and have followed the rules throughout and still do. I've worked throughout the entire pandemic with key worker status so am quite aware of what's going on and really do empathise with those who have suffered or lost loved ones throughout this horrible time because of covid.

However. On the opposite side of coin, If someone doesn't want to take the vaccinations then that's their perogative. If that someone catches it and suffers then what can I do about it?
If someone has had all the jabs and catches it. What can I do about that?

The only way that I can see this getting remotely better is if it becomes law for people to have all the vaccinations rather than cat foot about like we have been currently.

Tbh, I actually think that some people are becoming quite condescending in their attitude towards those who may see things differently while at the same time equating their experiences.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't see people being condescending, what I do see is people becoming less patient with those that 'see things differently'

We're 20months or so into this and still people know better than the experts, still want to hold court on social media platforms and tell anyone who'll listen what they want to hear. It's a sorry state if we have to have a law passed to make people get jabbed, even I'd object to that, but short of bang peoples heads together how do you get the message across to the few?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Im triple jabbed. I wear a mask when out in public and at work. I also have a serious heart condition and have followed the rules throughout and still do. I've worked throughout the entire pandemic with key worker status so am quite aware of what's going on and really do empathise with those who have suffered or lost loved ones throughout this horrible time because of covid.

However. On the opposite side of coin, If someone doesn't want to take the vaccinations then that's their perogative. If that someone catches it and suffers then what can I do about it?
If someone has had all the jabs and catches it. What can I do about that?

The only way that I can see this getting remotely better is if it becomes law for people to have all the vaccinations rather than cat foot about like we have been currently.

Tbh, I actually think that some people are becoming quite condescending in their attitude towards those who may see things differently while at the same time equating their experiences.

Agree completely but, that wouldn’t be democratic would it. Everyone in this country has a choice. Whether me and you like it or not let’s hope it stays that way.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I don't see people being condescending, what I do see is people becoming less patient with those that 'see things differently'

We're 20months or so into this and still people know better than the experts, still want to hold court on social media platforms and tell anyone who'll listen what they want to hear. It's a sorry state if we have to have a law passed to make people get jabbed, even I'd object to that, but short of bang peoples heads together how do you get the message across to the few?

🤣🤣. What do you suggest Dave. Rounding them up and attacking them with needles ? 🤣🤣. We can’t do that. Folk are catching it and dying from it choose which side their on. The only consolation ( in my mind ) is that I’ve a better chance with than without but, at the end of the day I believe it is up to the individual and it isn’t for the ones that’s had the vaccine to preach to the unvaccinated. 🤷‍♂️

Total

Site Supporter
🤣🤣. What do you suggest Dave. Rounding them up and attacking them with needles ? 🤣🤣. We can’t do that. Folk are catching it and dying from it choose which side their on. The only consolation ( in my mind ) is that I’ve a better chance with than without but, at the end of the day I believe it is up to the individual and it isn’t for the ones that’s had the vaccine to preach to the unvaccinated. 🤷‍♂️
But it's alright for the unvaccinated to preach?:unsure:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
But it's alright for the unvaccinated to preach?:unsure:

I don’t know the answer to it Mark. I might be wrong but, I believe the vaccine is our best chance out of it. Some like my good lady can’t have it. That I have to accept. The ones that can but won’t ? Well, that’s up to them I guess. If we start bringing laws into this then I feel that we are going too far. Our democracy would be over. Where would it end ? Military rule ? Is that what we want ? Like I say pal. I don’t know the answer.

JLK

At the end of the day the vaccine is only good for a limited period of time. It's not a permanent fix for the individual.
Flu was the biggy two years ago killing thousands year in year out around the world. It's not really talked about as such nowadays, yet it's still there. I still have to have a different jab every year dependent on anticipated strain and hope I don't catch it as it could kill me.
Why aren't all the people who are unvaccinated against the flu not setting standards and requesting a flu jab? Okay. You might have to pay for it but is it any different if it saves other people's lives?

Btw. Im not pointing fingers I'm just highlighting how two very similar viruses are treated very differently by the general populous even though they can cause the same problems for those unfortunate enough to be debilitated by them.

Last edited:

TiggerXFM

The vaccine doesn't work for everyone, there is no "one size fits all".
I know just as many people (more) who have had the jabs and been ill with covid.

The msn are saying how hospital staff shortages are making the crises, not the covid patients!
Aparently there are lots of nurse, doctors etc leaving to find alternative employment, who can blame them after the government have told them they will be sacked if they don't have the jabs by march!
Surely if the front line staff, staff who have worked on covid wards and see the very worst of it are refusing the jab they have good reason to do so?

Hospitals are getting clogged looking after elderly people now because theres no carers to look after them in homes, because the tyranical government sacked so many of them for not wanting to be injected.