Omicron...More good news from South Africa

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
Initial study from South Africa is showing that even though omicron is evading vaccines the T cells from previous infection or previous vaccines are working to kill the infection and this is first study that now shows why the variant is less deadly. Let's get everyone isolating back into work, reopen the economy and get on with living with this now less virulent strain of Covid

brian carragher

Site Supporter
If its all the same with you, I'll wait until the scientific community gives us the ok rather than the professors of facebook's ok

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Another issue is people are mistakenly believing that Omnicron is 'The' virus when in reality the Delta variant hasn't gone away and is still prevalent.

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
Another issue is people are mistakenly believing that Omnicron is 'The' virus when in reality the Delta variant hasn't gone away and is still prevalent.
Over 90% of new UK cases are Omicron and Delta is rapidly being replaced. Worldwide you are right that Delta is still out there but is rapidly being replaced by Omicron

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
It’s pretty much what the experts said would happen 18 months ago, the virus will mutate to something less deadly, a virus that kills too many hosts is not efficient.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
How are you and the missus Mick?

A lot better Dave thank you. I had a walk on the canal today to see a mate who was pike fishing. I’m glad I took my seat as when I got there I was knackered. I’m breathing ok but, it’s like my body isn’t getting the oxygen I’m breathing in. 🤷‍♂️ I think it’s going to be a slow process but, we’ll get there in the end. I’m really glad the missus is getting better though. She has had it worse than I have. I’ll be honest Dave. At one point I was getting a bit worried and the thought crossed my mind to take her to hospital whether kicking or screaming or not. I was a tad worried but, she’s getting there now bless her. Just as I was going to use her debit card to buy a new pole as well damn it. 😩🤣🤣

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
A lot better Dave thank you. I had a walk on the canal today to see a mate who was pike fishing. I’m glad I took my seat as when I got there I was knackered. I’m breathing ok but, it’s like my body isn’t getting the oxygen I’m breathing in. 🤷‍♂️ I think it’s going to be a slow process but, we’ll get there in the end. I’m really glad the missus is getting better though. She has had it worse than I have. I’ll be honest Dave. At one point I was getting a bit worried and the thought crossed my mind to take her to hospital whether kicking or screaming or not. I was a tad worried but, she’s getting there now bless her. Just as I was going to use her debit card to buy a new pole as well damn it. 😩🤣🤣
You take care mate, our youth had it in July and it is still lingering. Plenty of rest, you need to stay right so you can look after the missus if needs be. You can always 'borrow' her card later.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You take care mate, our youth had it in July and it is still lingering. Plenty of rest, you need to stay right so you can look after the missus if needs be. You can always 'borrow' her card later.

Cheers Dave. Will do pal. Think my chance with her debit card as gone though. She makes Dave look like Rockefeller does my missus. 🤣🤣👍

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Cheers Dave. Will do pal. Think my chance with her debit card as gone though. She makes Dave look like Rockefeller does my missus. 🤣🤣👍
I bet she's got a heart of gold though mate. You look after her and rack up those brownie points 🤗🤗🤗

62tucker

Site Supporter
Have you been in touch with doctors for any follow up tests etc.
maybe worth it. Chest X-ray. Antibiotics etc

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Have you been in touch with doctors for any follow up tests etc.
maybe worth it. Chest X-ray. Antibiotics etc

No pal. To be honest I’d not thought of that. My missus asked about returning to work yesterday ( NHS ) and they’ve said that if she has done two negative lateral flow tests she can go back. So she asked if they’d like her to go get a PCR test to which they said no because you could still test positive up to three months later 🤷‍♂️ We’re guessing that although she might still test positive she must not be able to transmit the virus. Don’t know. Came as a bit of a shock to us that but, we’re guessing it must be right and safe for her to do so. 🤷‍♂️ Some strange rules about regarding Covid now it seems.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I had COVID early October and was really bad, then had booster, but looking back it was within 28 days of having covid and not after, Was bad again .
Like @tipitinmick says breathing ok but when done something such as walking or going up and down stairs I feel as if out of breath.

Robwooly

Another angle to this lets get rolling again argument (one which I have in the past endorsed) is that I would not want to be in an public vehicle being driven by anyone who has recently had Covid, I can vouch (and I'm pretty sure Mick would back me up on this) that operating any heavy machinery in this condition is not a good idea. Or any position of responsibility for that matter.

Imagine your surgeon or pilot having a couple nights sleep in the last week and still has a head like thunder and the energy of a hippy on a rainy day.

jods

Site Supporter
Had Covid in June had cold syptoms for 3 days was fine after, taste and smell took a couple of weeks to return to normal.