Old Style Fox Seatboxes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhorian

I see the old style Fox seatboxes have whistled down in price a bit .... they seem ok to me but anyone got an opinion on them ? I'd welcome a comment as I'm always up for a bargain ... but are they ?

neneangling

Dont think they are meant to be too bad, but ive heard of problems with the wooden draws, for a cheap box id rather have a matchbox msx or a secondhand boss.

zhorian

Thanks for the reply neneangling .... I'm talking about 110 pounds for the 3 drawer match and a bit more for the canal box .... I take your point about matchbox and boss .... anyway I always reckon to have to 'improve' a seatbox one way or another ... if they're wood then by varnishing the drawers to waterproof them ... I'll have a long hard think !

neneangling

No probs mate

Have seen pretty much brand new matchboxes go for less than 100 on ebay and they are only 120 new if you search around reckon they are a better bet than the fox boxes, also the matchbox is expandable, you can get extra trays.

Mr Kipling

14/01/07 - 21/08/10
In Memoriam
One other point worth considering mate.Fox areselling this of cheaper as they have stopped productionof them so spares, new tray units etc may be hard to come by soon, just a thought mate as very few people buy the right size box first time and may want to expand it at some time.

Clive

Black Hydro
Site Supporter
I've had the Fox box since they were launched and had no problems with it still going strong thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.