Old Skool Rod Holdall

crag

Does anybody produce an Old Skool holdall, that'll hold 2 to 3 13ft rods in tubes, and with a brolly and bankstick pocket.

All I can find at the moment are holdalls that are long enough to hold poles which is too long

Thanks in advance

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Browning do some in their cheaper ranges and Shakespeare used to but they have not been around for a while
Have a look for Browning Black Magic S line.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Do you want to buy one, I have 2 - a roll-up and a leather standard one. I need to make some room.

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
If you've got a furniture upholsterer near you they could probably make one to your design.

crag

Thanks guys. It’s for a mate whose buying one for his son from Chrimbo.
I've got two (never been out the bags,) of the damn things 60 miles away, but can’t get there at the moment.
I was looking online and only seeing six footers or ready rod hold-all S.
I’ll look at the browning and Shakespeare sites

thank you

trotter2

Plenty of them on ebay mate. No one makes them now so second hand is the only way to go.

crag

Browning S-Line looks good, if only someone had one in stock :)

NGT was still 1.87m so a bit long

Thanks guys

crag

Thank you, found that one but he'd need the 150cm version for 13ft 3 piece rods. So far found one at Henglesport, but 19 euros for deliveryo_O

If only he taught him to pole fish :)

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
GTi are still going may be worth giving them a tinkle on the phone.

Browner

Maybe look at the Zebco travel rod bag on Amazon. They are available in various lengths and don’t cost the earth. I have several and had no problems with them.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Unless you can maybe source a browning or go down the GTi route (they are very good BTW and they used to do a really nice 6 tube full zip holdall) then you might have to go down the second hand route. I use an old Fox match 6 tube if I am not taking long section rods. It is very good it has a full length zip

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
I had a Tray bag made by them, just a simple envelope type structure which takes all my Octbox trays and fits into my large net/carryall "old-skool" bag. Sent them a drawing and dimensions etc. Also use their garden chair / washing line covers for Umbrella, in fact a lot of their stuff is useable for fishing in one way or another.
Have used both companies below, well made and heavy duty but takes time.

crag

Thanks again. The Sensas one seems to be the best option so far. I imagine him getting a bespoke one for Xmas is going to be a bit tight.

crag

Thanks all for your efforts, I've ordered the Sensas one from Pecheur for my mate, whom also had a matching old skool net bag to go with it.
Covid and lockdowns has got him fishing again after about a 30 year absence, but has now got his boy fishing