Old programmes

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Today we’re off to Norwich and I’m sure when I was a kid sale of the century was said “And Now from Norwich it’s the quiz of the week” ??used to love watching that with me gran ?

What’s your childhood favs ?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Z Cars, Champion the wonder horse, Fireball XL5. Earliest music programme I watched on t.v. was Jukebox Jury and 6-5 Special (look those 2 up). :giggle:

Last edited:

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Today we’re off to Norwich and I’m sure when I was a kid sale of the century was said “And Now from Norwich it’s the quiz of the week” ??used to love watching that with me gran ?

What’s your childhood favs ?
Nicholas Parsons,who presented it is still presenting 'Just a Minute' on radio and he's 95 years old.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Supercar, JohnnyQuest, Dr Inlay's Bookcase, Emergency Ward 10, Fireball XL5, Stingray.... loads of old stuff

davepellet

obviously starskey & hutch & the Sweeney, but other less conventional ones like the water margin, monkey, the flashing blade, kung fu, tomorrow people, the champions, man in a suitcase, and in the late 70's/early 80's one of the channels was running a series of old 1950's US B-Movies, with things like them! and the blob

others, Hammer house of horror & tales of the unexpected!

fishcatcher4

The champions and the untouchables with robert stack.

My mum used to let me stay up to watch the untouchables.

Seems like 100 years ago. :LOL:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
...with Anne Aston. Bob Monkhouse was replaced by Norman Vaughan, I think.
Monkhouse was not the original presenter but he left after a few years then returned after Norman Vaughans and Charlie Williams stint