Old pole to give away question/puzzle

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
I have an old pole that's not being used.

It is a very old pole and well worn but great for silvers. I have used it for carp, but for a beginner I wouldn't recommend it. Currently I take it out for a couple of outings a year on canals.

How can I find someone who would appreciate it ? My thoughts are it would suit an older person who perhaps hasn't used a pole but would like to but thinks the cost is too much for instance. Not everyone in retirement is flush with cash.

I'd be happy for youngsters to have it but in my experience they soon want new shiny stuff which this isn't.

It is a match pole that in its day cost quite a bit, it is light and stiff with quite a few top kits, joints on some pretty thin, but very usable. Plenty of scuffs / marks etc. 16m.
Don't want someone having it and just selling it.

Any ideas on finding an appreciative home ?

rudd

Site Supporter
Find out when local custard dribblers match is or who organises them.

davej1981

I know one of the cadence aambassadors i can ask him as they give stuff to get kids into fishing or maybe ask a local club

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
I have an old pole that's not being used.

It is a very old pole and well worn but great for silvers. I have used it for carp, but for a beginner I wouldn't recommend it. Currently I take it out for a couple of outings a year on canals.

How can I find someone who would appreciate it ? My thoughts are it would suit an older person who perhaps hasn't used a pole but would like to but thinks the cost is too much for instance. Not everyone in retirement is flush with cash.

I'd be happy for youngsters to have it but in my experience they soon want new shiny stuff which this isn't.

It is a match pole that in its day cost quite a bit, it is light and stiff with quite a few top kits, joints on some pretty thin, but very usable. Plenty of scuffs / marks etc. 16m.
Don't want someone having it and just selling it.

Any ideas on finding an appreciative home ?
let a site supporter have it :devilish::LOL:

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Charity shops are always on the look out for fishing tackle.
I have donated rods,reels,poles,,luggage,nets.
I tell them a price what to expect for it ,a little less than what someone would get trying to sell it on ebay, that way its genuine buyers for the tackle.and not worth hassle of shifting it on via ebay etc.
The manager of one said people have come in looking for tackle, seen non in the shop but have bought something anyway, be it a few books or games for kids, She said they are on a win win situation like that.

davylad

Site Supporter
My mucker would love it, he's 76 and hasn't got 2 halfpennies to scratch his arse on. He is quite happy to sit there catching small perch and roach, and not have any stress wondering what he's doing wrong. Having said that, I don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to get something for free, I look after him with his gear and transport where I can.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
You would be surprised who would cherish it. I have been on the look out for some time for a DAM Trecton/Futura pole. Maybe not everybody's choice nowadays but to me they were the pole of desire. Once I could afford one they were no longer available. Perhaps there will be someone out there who would cherish your pole? Classified ads? Or as Davylad suggests an old mucker would appreciate it.