okuma epix pro + preston braid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bream dream

up the Villa.
last week brought myself a new reel had a few problems with it so took it back to xchange after much umming and arring decided on the epix pro 30 same package as the other reel only 20 cheaper,to go with it i got some of the new preston braid.

got down to the reser spooled up got set up and to be honest once the reel was on the rod it looked mighty small and would'nt cast the distances i needed how wrong i was,50yds+ on the first cast,it handled everything excellently,fish playing spot on i managed a good 3lb hybrid which tested the drag, very smooth .

the braid aswell very impressed,i've been using drennan for years now but the change has come,in 8lb the preston is spot on for all bream work,it didn't fade (i've now had 3 sessions and the colours held)no fraying as yet,and the knot strength is also spot on.

so if anyone is on a budget for a decent feeder/float reel the epix pro is well worth a look,3 spare spools and double/single handle include,found the double was better balanced and if you fancy trying a new braid give prestons a go [:D][:T].

Jessebobs

Steve!
I've been saying for years how good these reels are, and you can get them now for 30 .... absolute bargain!

Last edited by a moderator:

bream fisherman

Got both a epix pro30 and 40. can't fault them. in fact i'll never buy another reel. 3 spools and two handles. for 30.00 its a reel(!) steel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.