Status
Not open for further replies.

danzante

Thinks i'll buy one of these for my hols in two weeks

what one lads and why?

Danny

Del-J

' Victor '
I've heard good reports on the Mitchell Danny but I have got a Epic er 30 and it is a cracking bit of kit.
I know a few people who have various Okuma reels and they all rate them very highly.
IMHO they must be starting to worry Shimano & co.

But at the end of the day its' what suits you sir! suits you sir.

Del.
Not fishing then talk to your mates on MDs

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I have two of the 300x reels and like them well. Smooth, solid, really instant anti-reverse, don't bind at all under a load.

I got inspired by mine this past weekend and broke out one of the old Mitchell 300s just to see if it was as good as I had remembered. It was fun but I much prefer the new 300x. No comparison.

No experience with the other reel but have heard some nice reports.

Newt Vail

Alan Roe

I have an Okuma Epix you can see my review on the on fishing warehouse and fishing magic I have no links to the company.

Quite honestly the epix er 30 is superb I am utterly delighted with mine.
The line lay is spot on the drag is smooth and dependable the reel is very smooth and perfectly happy under pressure you get two decent alloy spools both with line clips and more ball bearings than you can shake a stick at!!

I have no hesitation in recommending it to you

Cheers
Alan

Del-J

' Victor '
There you go Danny, you can't get a better recommendatoon than that comming as it does from Mr. Wallis cast.

Del.

Del-J

' Victor '
Danny, I should have added that young Newt usually knows what he's talking about.
So it's up to you mate but which ever you choose I think you will enjoy.

Del.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?UAN=1817

This link is a revue, just out today on the 300X Dn

Hope it helps

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Del-J

' Victor '
Danny have you got your new reel yet?
If so what did you get?

Just that we like to know these things.

Del.

Smudge

Hi All
I know a tackle dealer and he reckons the Okuma reels are better made than the more expensive Maver Tica reels they're just so as well known yet.

Smudge

danzante

Del,
not bought it yet, too busy at work but have decided on the Epix, i still have 7 days to go before my holiday.
My biggest problem is the rod, i do have a 9ft telescopic spinner which is too stiff (my missus prefers them that way
)
maybe when i get there i could pick something up that is more parabolic on the lines of a light feeder rod.

My bet is the Epix will be on sale over there for 3:99p

Danny

swanny

What is the best price you would expect yo pay for the Okuma epix er 30 reel, also is there any reliable mail order shops that stock this reel, also one last point is Okuma's after sales ok ie spares

p.sw

danzante

Swanny,
i paid 40 quid for mine and it's one of the best investments i've ever made, it's been well blessed now and will deffo buy another one.

I prefer using it to my Shimano, that tells yer something.

Danny

swanny

Danzante,
Thanks for your reply, i've learnt a lot since discovering this site ie. The popularity of the Okuma reels and obvious quality, and at 40 you can't fault that price, thanks again, its on my list !!!

p.sw

Status
Not open for further replies.