Okuma Baitrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpbob3

Has anyone got of used any of the Okuma Baitrunner reels .....YES then i would like your opion of them ...... i have a ER30 which i find an excellent reel both for price and quality but im looking to get a baitrunner to handle bigger carp i hope to nail into this season ......[8D]

ray

i've been using a couple of dynadrags without any problems and like them a lot, excellent reels, a lot of reel for the price.

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I bought a pair of Dynadrag 40'sonly used one of them for plumbing yesterday. I was very impressed with the smoothness and action. For 20.00 each I cant fault them.

chill out go fishing

Beebs

My good lady bought me an Okuma Renegade 50 for Xmas and it is a very nice, smooth reel. I have used it a few times but not with the bait runner facility. The reel feels quite strong and looks like it'll take some stick.

My preference is for rear drag reels, which this doesn't have, but that's just my opinion and I dare say I'll get used to the front drag when (if) I get a decent fish on. I don't know the price of them as it was a present, but they've got to be a lot less than Shimano's.

Larry

Lazarus
A mate who fishe's our club pool at lodge park has got 2 bait runner's he swear's by them for fishing for the carp although the largest he's had with them is 18lb's.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

essox

Ive got 3 dynadrags and cannot fault them.theyve handled pike up to 23lbs non problem.I am going to have another couple of them.

ave yyou got a bigger net

fishing_mad

ive got a dynadrag and its great i got it for 30 quid and its well worth it

:)Fishing Mad:)

Lid

Did you buy these yet, Bob [?]

I'm looking for a pair of reels for carping and piking and just found the brand new 3 ball bearing Okuma Interceptor which looks a slightly better deal at 30 and includes a spare spool. [^]

The only thing I'm unsure about is the double handle as I've never used one and got quite big hands.

I'm not sure the best place to buy, but I found this for the 50 size :

http://www.fishingmegastore.com/acatalog/Okuma.html

It's also advertised in Feb's IYCF on page 23. [8D]

Lid - formerly known as Leighton [:)]

Last edited:

carpbob3

no i not got one yet but i have seen the reel you have mentioned it looks good but i will have a look at them both at my local tackle shop and decide then

carpbob3

well i went for the dyna drag 50 .... although i liked the look of the intercepter i went for the dyna drag for one reason only the price ........ 19.95 thats right 19.95 from kirkgate anglers in their sale normal retail is 29.95 so not a bad deal

everyready

i think waxloin has one of these send him a PM .i had a look at it very smooth reel at low cost

cockneytone

Bought an Interceptor IBF50 during the week from Ebay auction site from a guy trading as sasian100 it is the second Interceptor (30 last one)I have bought from him and the bidding is usally at 22. Bought the IBF for 25 and it looks a superb bit of kit.

tthain

TINY

Tiny
This is my point exactly on another thread[:D]
This proves you can get quality at a more affordable price than major brand names[:D]
And yes they are a good reel[:D][;)]

Andy.

Flying Fish

Bought 2 Dynadrag 30`s for method-feeder fishing, excellent reels for the money, 20 from WMAC, so impressed I bought the excellent EB30 with bait-runner facility, stuffed full of bearings, great quality and a good price, and performs faultlessly. Now available from lots of places for 60 ish. Okuma reels generally are good value for money reels I have found, both Coarse and Sea. The cheaper ones perform well, and the top-end stuff is excellent, generally on a par with the "good names".
JM2pW, F.F.

Del-J

' Victor '
I have also got an ER30 and so far am very pleased with it.[8D]

However I have read on another website of somebody who bought an Okuma Baitrunner (do not know what model) and after three weeks the rear drag fell of into the river.[:(] After getting an exchange reel the same thing happened again.[V][V]

So I guess like most things you just take a chance and pay your money.[:p]

Del

Rule Britannia.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I got one of the Interceptors last August (30 I think) and can't fault it.

It hasn't had a huge amount of use I must admit but it's been out in the wind and rain and other than a wipe down with a cloth it hasn't needed any maintenance.

Tight Lines

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.