Okay, so there might be something to this pole malarkey after all

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Chervil, listen to me, you are standing at the edge of and staring into the abyss.

The evil ones are merciless and without pity. They will try and seduce you with stuff like `it`s a fish a chuck`...`you can catch 400ib with
your eyes shut whilst having one arm tied behind your back and park next to your swim and have your breakfast delivered`. Do not
listen, once in their clutches all is lost.

Total

Site Supporter
Chervil, listen to me, you are standing at the edge of and staring into the abyss.

The evil ones are merciless and without pity. They will try and seduce you with stuff like `it`s a fish a chuck`...`you can catch 400ib with
your eyes shut whilst having one arm tied behind your back and park next to your swim and have your breakfast delivered`. Do not
^^ :giggle:....We don't all fish like you Mr PG.;):ROFLMAO:

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter

The truth is... he's not far off the mark :ROFLMAO:

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Then you will need somewhere to stable the mule that`s needed to carry all the groundbait, next comes a fifty horsepower Johnson
outboard to mix it.

You will require twenty topkits when you actually only need two.

You will have to buy a box the size of a shipping container for the hundreds of rigs.

Then you will have to buy a van to transport everything but this will come in handy for somewhere to sleep when the missis kicks you
out.

You will enjoy sleeping in a cardboard box under the railway arches after a hard day busking outside the labour exchange when you
have lost everything.

All because you bought a pole.

Total

Site Supporter
Then you will need somewhere to stable the mule that`s needed to carry all the groundbait, next comes a fifty horsepower Johnson
outboard to mix it.

You will require twenty topkits when you actually only need two.

You will have to buy a box the size of a shipping container for the hundreds of rigs.

Then you will have to buy a van to transport everything but this will come in handy for somewhere to sleep when the missis kicks you
out.

You will enjoy sleeping in a cardboard box under the railway arches after a hard day busking outside the labour exchange when you
have lost everything.

All because you bought a pole.
^^ Forever the optimist! ;) :ROFLMAO:

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter

You got me at breakfast.😍😍😍

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Although I post in jest I do feel there is a valid point to be made.

If you buy a pole you will need another load of `stuff`.

Total me duck, I am an optimist. Always have been always will be, everything will be alright.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Although I post in jest I do feel there is a valid point to be made.

If you buy a pole you will need another load of `stuff`.

Total me duck, I am an optimist. Always have been always will be, everything will be alright.
I must admit, I have been thinking about this. I reckon I can get away with a roller and a sock/tulip thingy. Won't be getting a box and will make do with dropping the back on one of my chairs. Never going to go mad on this, just something about 10 metres. I promise I will always remain a rod angler.

tenor.gif

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Never going to go mad on this, just something about 10 metres. I promise I will always remain a rod angler.
That is what they all say. "I can quit any time I like." "I'm not an addict.". "Its only a passing phase". "It does not rule my life".

It will not be long before you are going to PAA (Pole Addicts Anonymous), standing up and saying "my name is Chervil and I am a pole addict" (cue applause from the others at the meeting).

Total

Site Supporter
I must admit, I have been thinking about this. I reckon I can get away with a roller and a sock/tulip thingy. Won't be getting a box and will make do with dropping the back on one of my chairs. Never going to go mad on this, just something about 10 metres. I promise I will always remain a rod angler.

tenor.gif
You must have a plastic box somewhere in your collection, given your MO that you can convert to a seat box?;):LOL:

Pompous git

Site Supporter
An upside down milk crate makes a good caravan step, you heard it here first.

Chervil

Site Supporter
You must have a plastic box somewhere in your collection, given your MO that you can convert to a seat box?;):LOL:
This one went to Cancer Research in April, same old story, it hadn't been used for at least 20 years (The box), now I could use it. IMG_20200708_135234719.jpg

Total

Site Supporter
This one went to Cancer Research in April, same old story, it hadn't been used for at least 20 years (The box), now I could use it. IMG_20200708_135234719.jpg
^^ I remember you posting that before Chris and it was in such fantastic condition.....The 'Law of sod' would dictate you could 've done with it now....:(

Hope you get a margin pole sorted for yourself....;)(y)

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Pole is an obvious advantage to the match angler. Not so obvious outside matches and fishing at times where there is less pressure on the fish. I pole fished before I learned how to use waggler- I now realise that it’s physically easier to fish rod and reel.

Hey-ho, horses for courses and all that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter

tenor.gif
@MunchMyStump thought that and look how much gear he’s bought in the last month. Bobco shares have gone through the roof in the last month.

Andy Humphreys

I always look at it like this Mr Taff......A pole tulip or pole sock.....£5 to £7 ish?.....Price of new/lost or damaged sections?.....I rest my case.....;)(y)
Lost sections 4,5 and 6 of (what I then found out was) a
I always look at it like this Mr Taff......A pole tulip or pole sock.....£5 to £7 ish?.....Price of new/lost or damaged sections?.....I rest my case.....;)
i
I lost sections 4, 5 and 6 of what I then found out was adiscontinued pole in a quarry, never without a pole sock now!

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Shh @Yosemite Sam some things are better not said!
In all honesty I have not spent that much on pole stuff (recently) I was fortunate enough to have fellow members help me out and either do cracking deals or sent stuff for free. I have a Preston sock going free should @Chervil want it?
To me the "Pole" is a great tool in your arsenal but it will never replace rod and line for me, it feels somewhat detached if that makes sense?
One of the highlights of my year so far though was on the pole. A very greed carp literally sucking the bank 3 feet away, carefully shipped back and using the top section only, lowered the prawn hookbait in... WHAM! It was like a cruise missile on takeoff!!!
My next mission is to get to grips with feeder again. 2 new rods coming soon and I might just have to bunk a day off work... sorry @Dave ;)