Official Response From Former Owner and Inventor of Gizmo Angling ZT-PRO

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thing is, If I bought one,

Id probably end up loosing my rag with it much as I did with the old stonfo callibrone pro tier I bought before

that ended up all bent and buggered and there was a dent in the wall too

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Its a lovely well engineered bit of kit but to do one hooklength seems a lot of faffing about. I suppose with practice it gets easier.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I picked up a handheld Gizmo from eBay as mint for about £20 a while back having tried fruitlessly for months to contact the Resurrection guy. It’s a seprbly engineered tool which I love using.

The tabletop version looks gorgeous but as has been said that £20k stock is more of a warning flag than an incentive; who knows where it is, whether you could get more, is it paid for, etc.

Also there will be zero goodwill since the lack of previous service and support has rendered the business name toxic.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I missed out on one of em on facebook yesterday, early one with all the bits but no instructions

by the time I finished toying with the idea of wether I wanted to buy it, did I need it, would I use it

some other bugger nipped in and bought it

and Im still faffing wether I want one or not
I managed to pick up an original model Gizmo for a very good price from the MD's classifieds. IMO the original model is the one to get as all the drive gears are metal unlike the later models that have had some problems with their composite gears. ;)
Easy to master and it enables you to tie your choice of hook to your own choice of hooklength. :upthumb:

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I managed to pick up an original model Gizmo for a very good price from the MD's classifieds. IMO the original model is the one to get as all the drive gears are metal unlike the later models that have had some problems with their composite gears. ;)
Easy to master and it enables you to tie your choice of hook to your own choice of hooklength. :upthumb:
I’ve got one of the originals and tie all my spade end hooks with it, great piece of kit and well worth the money when you look how much it would cost to make. Really easy to use, I wouldn’t want to go back to my Pierotti.

baggy

Mark Saunders
I’ve got one of the originals and tie all my spade end hooks with it, great piece of kit and well worth the money when you look how much it would cost to make. Really easy to use, I wouldn’t want to go back to my Pierotti.
Chris, I’m the opposite. I’ve got one and I have gone back to my pierotti for all of my pole hooklengths. It’s just easier

PAB

Site Supporter
I dont profess to know this piece of equipment but does it really justify the amount of money ?

I can tie by hand, i can use a matchman hook tyer...
I can understand some may not be able to due to medical reasons but there's an awful lot of pre tied hooks worth here or indeed value for any of the boys producing hand tied to order.

Seems a lot of faff and argument so I simply ask does it really warrant it ?
Yes it more than warrants the price as far as i am concerned I could drive from A to B in a Micra but would rather drive a Bugatti Veyron. I have been offered over double what i paid for my Gizmo Pro so others must think so as well.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I picked up a handheld Gizmo from eBay as mint for about £20 a while back having tried fruitlessly for months to contact the Resurrection guy. It’s a seprbly engineered tool which I love using.

The tabletop version looks gorgeous but as has been said that £20k stock is more of a warning flag than an incentive; who knows where it is, whether you could get more, is it paid for, etc.

Also there will be zero goodwill since the lack of previous service and support has rendered the business name toxic.
Shades of Brittney Spears song. :)