Official Response From Former Owner and Inventor of Gizmo Angling ZT-PRO

Prawn sandwich

Site Supporter
I would like to say I bought a Gizmo from Wateredge Angling, it did not work properly and was disappointed to say the least.
Before I had a chance to sort the problem ( due to personal circumstances ) I saw an advert by Dennis offering an upgrade to the original Gizzmo, I contacted Dennis and he offered to sort it out even though he had not sold me the original gizzmo.
I paid for the upgrade and sent the gizmo to Dennis, he was appalled at what I had been sold and all I can say is that by return I had a completely different machine which works perfectly.
I can only thank Dennis and say that even though I ( up until now ) have not mentioned this to anyone, I can only say that he is a thoroughly decent man with morals that go beyond those of just a business man out to make a profit.
Once again thank you Dennis.

Steve3948

I would like to say I bought a Gizmo from Wateredge Angling, it did not work properly and was disappointed to say the least.
Before I had a chance to sort the problem ( due to personal circumstances ) I saw an advert by Dennis offering an upgrade to the original Gizzmo, I contacted Dennis and he offered to sort it out even though he had not sold me the original gizzmo.
I paid for the upgrade and sent the gizmo to Dennis, he was appalled at what I had been sold and all I can say is that by return I had a completely different machine which works perfectly.
I can only thank Dennis and say that even though I ( up until now ) have not mentioned this to anyone, I can only say that he is a thoroughly decent man with morals that go beyond those of just a business man out to make a profit.
Once again thank you Dennis.
And then he went AWOL and nobody can got hold of him even for spares, had to go to Watersedge for a new head, as plunger broke on the new one.

rudd

Site Supporter
What a palava!
If I ever need spares for my drennan hook tyer will just buy another one ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The thing is it is a brilliant design concept, fair enough it's got it's faults but nothing a bit of QC couldn't put right. The sales and aftersales let it well and truly down though.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
My wife bought me the original Gizmo hook tyer. I phoned Denis to ask him some questions. Denis was a true gentleman and guided me through my concerns.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think he's turned his attentions towards his fishery now...

DFL

Site Supporter
Maybe I should get in touch with Ralph and see if he fancies buying the business, he is (or was) a great fan of the product.

chris1967

Site Supporter
i'd like to see the profit and loss on that business or a year end ,or has it been a year

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There's several issues with buying it though, not least the price, but who ever takes it on will first be buying into a product that has no end life, doesn't need consumables, once someone buys one there is no need to spend further on it.
Then there is the market for it, it is niche product with a premium price so the bulk of those who would buy one have already done so. Anyone hoping to get rich quick might be in for a shock.
And finally, company reputation, the big one. Anyone looking to buy one would struggle to find good reviews of the company and those review will carry into the future.

I'd be interested to know how much though.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
He does state: "Existing warranties will be honoured and large supply of spares is kept."

Unless he means as part of the sale agreement :)

pies

Site Supporter
My thoughts. £20k of stock? Thats alot of stock
Reputation in taters
Not sure who owns patents either

Not a business which is in turnkey state either plus pretied hooks are now much better that even a couple of years back

id be amazed if it made a profit in last year as when it was Gizmo Lee said he wasnt drawing a wage

pies

Site Supporter
He does state: "Existing warranties will be honoured and large supply of spares is kept."

Unless he means as part of the sale agreement :)
Is he saying that he will pay costs for fixing existing machines?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Almost unsaleable IMO, the guy has done so much damage to this and his previous company's reputation in its marketplace that it would be a huge gamble to take it on regardless of any price placed on it