Official Response From Former Owner and Inventor of Gizmo Angling ZT-PRO

Dear All,

I have read with interest the slander that has been put out by my ex business partners so I think the time is right to set the record straight.

On July 14th 2019 I resigned from Gizmo Angling, this was prompted by a challenge from my shareholders who had 40% stake in my company and my father who owned a 10% stake. I started this project with my father back in 2014 and we launched the first product in Sept 2016. A share holder meeting was performed without me present while I was away in France promoting the company. Upon my return I was confronted by the shareholders who all at that time felt I had mismanaged the company because we had fell behind on VAT payments (Can I mention the VAT issue was raised several times with shareholders but the response was do your best mate). I will not be the first or the last business owner who prioritises paying staff and rent before VAT, however they felt my approach was not working and they agreed to finally inject cash into the business to get us out of the hole as long as I resigned. I sat down with my father and said that I personally could not keep carrying on like I am without pulling a wage, I'm a single parent with two kids who hadn't taken a salary in 3 years. So I happily agreed to resign, I was told a official notification would go out from the company to announce my resignation (thanking me for my service haha).

A company was used called Bradbury sterling owned by the owner of the business unit we rented, guy named Steve riddlington his job was to perform an audit of the books to date and setup a rescue plan for the business. The share holder agreed that they would continue and use my father for engineering related questions regarding products.
48 hrs later after they had completed audit of the books the shareholders (XL Precision Engineering), spoke to my father and said they cannot believe that I kept the business going so long (because I was doing it for free!!) and they no longer wanted to save the company as they felt they would never make any money. My father was tasked with handling employees notice and this was carried out, in the meantime Steve riddlington said he was going to honour any outstanding orders shop orders then rap the company up and start a new company as he felt it was a good business and he could make it work. Me and my father worked from home to create parts for 40 hooktiers outstanding for shops my father bought the materials on Visa card, because we didn't want anyone to lose out because of the closure.

The offer to my father was to receive a royalty from the "new company" for each product sold, at this point I didn't have issue with it as I understood I had grown our infrastructure too fast for the product range we had. The level of wastage we had from parts received by XL precision engineering meant that we spent all our money on labour fixing or adjusting parts that should have just worked, to say they was shareholders the precision was non existant and quality frankly disgusting.

In August I received messages from people saying I had fled to Spain and stolen £150'000 of the companies money, the two angling consultants who I had looked after during their time with me was used as a vehicle to spread these clear and utter lies thats right, Carl Williams the guy I had literally just paid to fish in France with and Ryan Lidgard who had been provided with over £650.00 worth of Gortex and other clothing along with a customised Pole and 15 top kits. To say I was shocked gutted and upset was an understatement if being evicted and having no money wasn't bad enough this slander against my name was shocking to me. 3 days later I received a letter thanking me for becoming director of Gizmo Angling limited!! yes thats right XL Precision engineering and Bradbury sterling limited had fraudlently submitted an application for directorship in my name (misspelling my name by one letter) google companies house its all there to see in public domain.

I took this letter to my father and he was just as shocked and disgusted, approached by my father they said it was done in error and I would be removed immediately, and they told him the closure of company was going ahead. At this point my father said he wanted nothing to do with the new company he just wanted Gizmo Angling to be closed in a proper clean fashion.

I gave it one week and nothing changed so I had no choice but to release a very hard to do video of my self showing that I wasn't in Spain and I was indeed in financial ruin where I showed my eviction notice and several other financial documents in the UK!!.
Not having any money to fight them legally I tried the police for the fraudulent submittal to companies house, they wasn't interested until I was financially impacted by it?!

Non of what the Steve riddlington promised was carried out and to this day he has asset stripped Gizmo Angling using Gizmo angling equipment and stock to sell products thru a sole trader company called waters edge angling. In his own words to my father "as sole trader company he can avoid scrutiny rather than using a limited company".
All the items they sold they had no formal training from anyone on how to put them together and often they sold the products for less than part prices, because they received them for FREE!! they was stolen, also worth mentioning XL precision engineering went into partnership with water edge.

My father and I are totally disgusted by the behaviour of these 4 individuals and the law will prevail in the end, all we both wanted was to close the company cleanly or salvage it for the sake of honouring peoples warranties.

What we did do was we said no way are we going to roll over and let them just steal what we have worked so hard for, so we setup resurrection angling and set about creating the best goddamn hooktier we ever have. Ensuring everything we did would be compatible with the ZT-PRO and ZT-Lite so we could continue to support our loyal customers from the past, knowing water edge would be gone as soon as assets been stripped.

To date I have personally repaired 16 ZT-PROs for customers and carried out 4 upgrades, as I said earlier I pushed the company too quick and wasted way too much money on advertising but what I never did was steal from anyone ever. What I would also say is I have had several waters edge customers ask for my help because what they have received is unacceptable, I have helped them people because at end of day thats what I do and how I have always been.

Our new company is just me my dad and my daughter and we are keeping that way, Any ZT-PRO customers that have an issue can contact me thru our facebook page resurrectionagling or contact on website www.resurrectionangling.com , I'm pleased to announce the people that matter haven't believed a word that was spread about me including my dear friend Tom Scholey of catch more media who was owed £2500.00 for work he had done for Gizmo (this I'm personally paying him back each week because I do not steal from people!!).

Sorry for the long text sure its badly written but its something that needed to be said to set the record straight.

Kind regards
Dennis Lee Vause

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks for that Dennis and I wish you well for the future

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Dear All,

I have read with interest the slander that has been put out by my ex business partners so I think the time is right to set the record straight.

On July 14th 2019 I resigned from Gizmo Angling, this was prompted by a challenge from my shareholders who had 40% stake in my company and my father who owned a 10% stake. I started this project with my father back in 2014 and we launched the first product in Sept 2016. A share holder meeting was performed without me present while I was away in France promoting the company. Upon my return I was confronted by the shareholders who all at that time felt I had mismanaged the company because we had fell behind on VAT payments (Can I mention the VAT issue was raised several times with shareholders but the response was do your best mate). I will not be the first or the last business owner who prioritises paying staff and rent before VAT, however they felt my approach was not working and they agreed to finally inject cash into the business to get us out of the hole as long as I resigned. I sat down with my father and said that I personally could not keep carrying on like I am without pulling a wage, I'm a single parent with two kids who hadn't taken a salary in 3 years. So I happily agreed to resign, I was told a official notification would go out from the company to announce my resignation (thanking me for my service haha).

A company was used called Bradbury sterling owned by the owner of the business unit we rented, guy named Steve riddlington his job was to perform an audit of the books to date and setup a rescue plan for the business. The share holder agreed that they would continue and use my father for engineering related questions regarding products.
48 hrs later after they had completed audit of the books the shareholders (XL Precision Engineering), spoke to my father and said they cannot believe that I kept the business going so long (because I was doing it for free!!) and they no longer wanted to save the company as they felt they would never make any money. My father was tasked with handling employees notice and this was carried out, in the meantime Steve riddlington said he was going to honour any outstanding orders shop orders then rap the company up and start a new company as he felt it was a good business and he could make it work. Me and my father worked from home to create parts for 40 hooktiers outstanding for shops my father bought the materials on Visa card, because we didn't want anyone to lose out because of the closure.

The offer to my father was to receive a royalty from the "new company" for each product sold, at this point I didn't have issue with it as I understood I had grown our infrastructure too fast for the product range we had. The level of wastage we had from parts received by XL precision engineering meant that we spent all our money on labour fixing or adjusting parts that should have just worked, to say they was shareholders the precision was non existant and quality frankly disgusting.

In August I received messages from people saying I had fled to Spain and stolen £150'000 of the companies money, the two angling consultants who I had looked after during their time with me was used as a vehicle to spread these clear and utter lies thats right, Carl Williams the guy I had literally just paid to fish in France with and Ryan Lidgard who had been provided with over £650.00 worth of Gortex and other clothing along with a customised Pole and 15 top kits. To say I was shocked gutted and upset was an understatement if being evicted and having no money wasn't bad enough this slander against my name was shocking to me. 3 days later I received a letter thanking me for becoming director of Gizmo Angling limited!! yes thats right XL Precision engineering and Bradbury sterling limited had fraudlently submitted an application for directorship in my name (misspelling my name by one letter) google companies house its all there to see in public domain.

I took this letter to my father and he was just as shocked and disgusted, approached by my father they said it was done in error and I would be removed immediately, and they told him the closure of company was going ahead. At this point my father said he wanted nothing to do with the new company he just wanted Gizmo Angling to be closed in a proper clean fashion.

I gave it one week and nothing changed so I had no choice but to release a very hard to do video of my self showing that I wasn't in Spain and I was indeed in financial ruin where I showed my eviction notice and several other financial documents in the UK!!.
Not having any money to fight them legally I tried the police for the fraudulent submittal to companies house, they wasn't interested until I was financially impacted by it?!

Non of what the Steve riddlington promised was carried out and to this day he has asset stripped Gizmo Angling using Gizmo angling equipment and stock to sell products thru a sole trader company called waters edge angling. In his own words to my father "as sole trader company he can avoid scrutiny rather than using a limited company".
All the items they sold they had no formal training from anyone on how to put them together and often they sold the products for less than part prices, because they received them for FREE!! they was stolen, also worth mentioning XL precision engineering went into partnership with water edge.

My father and I are totally disgusted by the behaviour of these 4 individuals and the law will prevail in the end, all we both wanted was to close the company cleanly or salvage it for the sake of honouring peoples warranties.

What we did do was we said no way are we going to roll over and let them just steal what we have worked so hard for, so we setup resurrection angling and set about creating the best goddamn hooktier we ever have. Ensuring everything we did would be compatible with the ZT-PRO and ZT-Lite so we could continue to support our loyal customers from the past, knowing water edge would be gone as soon as assets been stripped.

To date I have personally repaired 16 ZT-PROs for customers and carried out 4 upgrades, as I said earlier I pushed the company too quick and wasted way too much money on advertising but what I never did was steal from anyone ever. What I would also say is I have had several waters edge customers ask for my help because what they have received is unacceptable, I have helped them people because at end of day thats what I do and how I have always been.

Our new company is just me my dad and my daughter and we are keeping that way, Any ZT-PRO customers that have an issue can contact me thru our facebook page resurrectionagling or contact on website www.resurrectionangling.com , I'm pleased to announce the people that matter haven't believed a word that was spread about me including my dear friend Tom Scholey of catch more media who was owed £2500.00 for work he had done for Gizmo (this I'm personally paying him back each week because I do not steal from people!!).

Sorry for the long text sure its badly written but its something that needed to be said to set the record straight.

Kind regards
Dennis Lee Vause
So sorry for you wish you well hope you can bring more good ideas to the fishing industry

PAB

Site Supporter
Great product I hope you get things sorted soon and go from strength to strength.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I haven't got one of your gizmos simply because i don't think i need one..but i have however spoken to plenty of people who have them and they are always praising them so you must have done something right and, i hope that your new company goes from strength to strength and gives you the opportunity to prove to all the doubters that you are indeed an honourable man who just fell on some bad luck.

DFL

Site Supporter
You say the “law will prevail in the end” if that means a legal case is ongoing, might I suggest keeping your powder dry until this is resolved one way or another, is there not a possibility that putting a statement out in the public domain could harm your case?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Best of luck for the future Dennis, from a happy owner of one of your original Gizmo's. :upthumb:

You say the “law will prevail in the end” if that means a legal case is ongoing, might I suggest keeping your powder dry until this is resolved one way or another, is there not a possibility that putting a statement out in the public domain could harm your case?

The VAT man is onto them now for asset stripping, I have no outstanding legal action against them because one I cannot afford to and two I know customs and excise will do my job for me.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Still pleased with my original ZT pro, great bit of kit, I hope this new venture is a success.

Spriwi

I use all your tools and I am proude to have them.
i wish you all the best for the new start!