Offices closing due to home working

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Bet some of the savings are not shared amongst the staff though are they... firms save a fortune on rents... employees are deemed to be counting themselves lucky they have a job, despite a hike in house insurance, higher leccy bills, loss of a room, (in my case the conservatory) plus covert surveillance in their own home...( out of order)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My brother has just got himself a job working from home. He's a lot more successful than me having been a Journalist, then left to teach himself Computer Programming, then recently got a job doing Online Marketing from home. He loves it and it suits him. For me, my bedroom is already my business office, but the job requires me to be out and about. I never liked proper office work.

Arry

Site Supporter
@Arry Did you know you can get tax relief for a home office its about £600 per year
The wife applied a month or so ago... but heard nothing since... perhaps it'll be a rebate in April next year (he said hopefully)😛

Philocalist

There's that old adage of being careful of what you wish for (..... you might get it). Pre COVID, working from home and not going into an office was high on the wish-list of a lot of people, many of whom are apparently now complaining when they can't go back to office life. Have more than a few nieghbours like that, though others are embracing the change, and more than a couple of the older guys have taken the decision not to go back at all, in almost every case giving up expensive perks / cars in the process, though now seem much happier pottering about (and going fishing ;))

Arry

Site Supporter
Her indoors prefers the office environment, to be honest, so do I... bit of P&Q is needed rather than loads of phone chatter during the day... I think she enjoys the odd day home, but is happier at an office

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
The wife applied a month or so ago... but heard nothing since... perhaps it'll be a rebate in April next year (he said hopefully)😛
Her tax code may change giving a bit more tax relief per month.