Off on the Method

Mrs Munch

Site Supporter
Well it ended 7-14 to me!

As punishment for winning the Mr wouldn't let us go to pub. 😢

So next time. To give the Mr a chance. I am going to use the suggested broom handle and hopefully I'll get to go to pub after! 🥴🥃🥃🥃🥃

:beautiful:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter

So next time. To give the Mr a chance. I am going to use the suggested broom handle and hopefully I'll get to go to pub after! 🥴🥃🥃🥃🥃

Is that because he would have to buy the drinks as he lost and he is still reeling from Anniversary expense ?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter

And by some very unfortunate very very slight chance you fail to win, you could always shove said broom handle where it don't shine for Mr Munch.
We have every confidence in you so Mr Munch would be safe.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
So. The excuses?
There isn't any. I was handed my ass by my lovely other half @Mrs Munch . She fished a blinder and had 3 before I had even set up!
This is not an excuse, more a factual replay of events. At the end of the day I had my pants pulled down and I was thrashed!
Mrs has never fished the feeder, a quick try on mine whilst I was packing down a couple of weeks ago piqued her interest when she netted a lump of a fish and the seed was sewn. Yes, I would like to try it. Job done! A quick trip to @bobco-tackle on the Saturday morning and a quick stock up on PI dura banjo method feeders saw her ready to go, apart from one thing, there were no medium moulds available.... So she did what every loyal partner would do and nicked mine!
In the meantime, from my first outing, my interest had also been piqued and a brace of rods secured for my angling pleasure. Her good lady self could use the cheapo rod to learn and practice on to avoid costly mistakes and snapped tips. One must reiterate that this was only MY third outing fishing the "Method" so I too am still learning. Saturday afternoon was spent tying up 4" rigs and getting all the gear ready for Sunday morning that was a very late start, neither of us waking till just before 9 AM.

Pegs, bait and tactics.. Her high Munchness had fished one peg on the waggler previously and did not like it one bit, she had a hard day and was pretty downbeat, so as any gent would do she had first pick and she chose the swim I was eying up... Ok no problem, I will fish your old swim. At this point I must reiterate that the fishery is stunning, there is every kind of peg you can dream of here, the website does not do it justice!
The night previously I had gone through groundbait and pellet making, the consistency and using the kitchen sink, displayed how they broke down in the water... I had soaked our pellets up just before leaving home and by the time we arrived they just needed a little extra water to revive them. She mixed her own groundbait with no help at all and as mentioned earlier was up by the count of 3 in 3 chucks. Nerves were beginning to jangle!!!
I was struggling, I really wanted to fish the medium feeder but as the mould was now no longer mine I used a large 30g in the hope the extra feed would bring better fish. How wrong I was.... I was changing feeder types, the wafter colour, size and flavour and all I could hear was sploosh after sploosh as the Mrs netted another....
Then @Dave arrived with his grandson, bit of banter and George was plonked on my box. I chucked in and not a minute had passed when the tip swung round and he was into a fish. Much joviality ensued, being outfished by a 7 year old but it was truly priceless and made my day. I did not get so much as a touch for over 2 hours after that!

Once they departed it was back to playing catchup, I needed fish and I needed them now! 3 lines were fed, none produced even a tickle, 3 hours in and She was way ahead. Darling, she said, what's this fish? I don't think I have caught one of these before. A quick description followed and I concluded it was an Ide, a good Ide that weighed 2.5 lbs going by the scales she had bought. I'm taking a picture cos i'm not sure she said... I'm glad she did as it turns out it was a Barbel!
With the clouds looking angry we pressed on, I changed the area I was feeding to a 50' chuck between lily pads and reeds and finally I was catching and clawing back the lead, then the rain fell. I ran and grabbed my brolly and sat under it holding the pole as I couldn't see the extending bit with the spike and as such could not fish. During this downpour the valiant Mrs continued, sat on her chair wet through and bagged another 3... &^&$*^ks... Then I found the spike, it was tucked up inside the damn brolly pole all the time! Lambasting myself I started again. It was all too late though, running out of bait and with a nice 3lb F1 in the net we called it a day. 14 to her ladyship and a measly 7 to me.
Fair play to @Mrs Munch she played a blinder, she was smashed off 3 times lost plenty and basically showed me how it should be done. She even went so far as to take half an hour out to practice casting... I think she felt a little guilty? Probably not!

All in all it was a great day out.... well, for one of us ;)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well and truely battered, It happens to us all at some point, move on and go again and if all else fails ask @Mrs Munch :beautiful: to take pity on you and give you a lesson or at least a few tips. 😂 🤣
Good report Munchy, kudos for not trying to guild the battering. :upthumb:

Now where's the other side of the tale? ;)

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Who’s to say all in hadn’t been called and Munchy was just slow off the mark ?
Me! I had to set her rig up before I could do mine. That surely must bring the score back to a more palatable 11 - 7? Guys? C'mon... A little boost maybe? Oh!!! and fishing through the rain... Actually fair play, she should get bonus points for those...

Total

Site Supporter
@Dave Please change my username to MunchMyFishcake. Until such time I beat @Mrs Munch on an outing. Humbly yours, Munchy.
I think you should take Mr Pies's suggestion of taking up golf and change your MD's name to 'Gary Player'......Until you get the understanding of this fishing lark!:oops:;)