Off on the Method

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Tis late and I am tired, the shock of our anniversary expenditure has me awake checking my pulse and double checking the safe where the fishing budget was held. Yep, it's now empty. A quick visit to @bobco-tackle earlier today saw us part with a tidy sum of the federal reserves and we are now set for the Mrs to explore the world of ledgering as it was called when I were a lad.
Tomorrow we are heading once again to Sunrise lakes but this time there is no waggler, no pole, this is a pure Method and in line feeder day. Both pellet and groundbait options will be fished with wafter and pellet hookbaits thrown into the mix. This afternoon saw us both tying up 4" hook lengths with testing in the kitchen sink to see how the bait presented from a method feeder with both groundbait and pellet options with some quite startling results on the type, manufacturer and diameter of hooklink tied, not withholding the hook itself and the pellet / wafter or groundbait mix used. Interesting....
Casting, that is another quandary, not so much for myself now but more the "cant hit a barn door at 20 feet Mrs".
Before you ask NO. Their is no way in hell I will be offering one of the Tri-Cast rods up for her to cast, no way, no how. The Frenzee rod is the one and only option available!
Their is no doubt in my mind however that even if I win tomorrow, I will also lose...
I gotta go for the win though, one small victory however short the elation lasts.

Munchy

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Tis late and I am tired, the shock of our anniversary expenditure has me awake checking my pulse and double checking the safe where the fishing budget was held. Yep, it's now empty. A quick visit to @bobco-tackle earlier today saw us part with a tidy sum of the federal reserves and we are now set for the Mrs to explore the world of ledgering as it was called when I were a lad.
Tomorrow we are heading once again to Sunrise lakes but this time there is no waggler, no pole, this is a pure Method and in line feeder day. Both pellet and groundbait options will be fished with wafter and pellet hookbaits thrown into the mix. This afternoon saw us both tying up 4" hook lengths with testing in the kitchen sink to see how the bait presented from a method feeder with both groundbait and pellet options with some quite startling results on the type, manufacturer and diameter of hooklink tied, not withholding the hook itself and the pellet / wafter or groundbait mix used. Interesting....
Casting, that is another quandary, not so much for myself now but more the "cant hit a barn door at 20 feet Mrs".
Before you ask NO. Their is no way in hell I will be offering one of the Tri-Cast rods up for her to cast, no way, no how. The Frenzee rod is the one and only option available!
Their is no doubt in my mind however that even if I win tomorrow, I will also lose...
I gotta go for the win though, one small victory however short the elation lasts.

Munchy
Have a great time both ,hope you catch loads of fish 🐟 😀. As for winning your both winners if you enjoy your day and each others company ,ps dont forget your water proofs

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Poor Form, handicapping @Mrs Munch like that, hollow victory if there is indeed one. :p🤣
Totally agree mate. I would beat Tommy Pickering and Dennis White combined if they were stymied by frenzee rods and i had a tri cast. I'm sorry @MunchMyStump but you are heading for the cellar........again😟. Will you never learn man?😜😜😜

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I would say she is putting you in a "frenzeed " panic .
Way to go Mrs Munch, show him how it's done, just think if he had been gentlemanly enough and let you use a Tricast, you would have been more than 2 nil up.

SeanB

Site Supporter
It's not the name on the rod it's the skill of the angler using it that counts 😉

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well Done George. :upthumb:

Couldn't help noticing in the video that @MunchMyStump had 2 rods set up, obviously handicapping @Mrs Munch. :nono:
As for leaving a Tri-cast laying on the bank and not safely on a roost out of harms way!!!!!!!!!!! 😱 He's not worthy. 😂🤣 unlike Mrs Munch :beautiful: who can be seen gently replacing the rod George used back on the rest out of harms way. :upthumb:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just trying to ensure fair play and a level playing field Munchy. ;)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I can imagine it now.

Teacher: 'George what did you do in the Summer Holidays.'

George: 'Oh loads miss, including going fishing and teaching some old geezer how to catch an F1.Don't know if it did any good though, cos the daft old codger only went and lost to his Mrs and he was using a TRICAST and he gave her a FRENZEE rod !! Reckon she could have beat em with a broom handle, bit of string and a bent pin Miss..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Love that Mrs Munch is such an incredible natural angler that 1st time out on the feeder & handicapped with inferior rods she could still obliterate her beloved.

Team England call up due at any minute.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Running total... 14-4 :confused: I'm not all bad y'know. There is a present for our anniversary that will be arriving shortly. A nice Guru N Gauge 10 foot feeder but I think I'm going to have to keep it for myself cos she's too bloody good at this method malarkey!!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Running total... 14-4 :confused: I'm not all bad y'know. There is a present for our anniversary that will be arriving shortly. A nice Guru N Gauge 10 foot feeder but I think I'm going to have to keep it for myself cos she's too bloody good at this method malarkey!!
Good lad Munch, you keep the N-Guage and let @Mrs Munch have one of the Tri-Casts and a Centris, you know she's worth it. 😍:beautiful: