Of interest to roach anglers....

MarkW

Used to fish for them every autumn, still like to fish and read about them too.
15736800157696688971173383943282.jpg
My first roach book, Big Roach, seems to be very scarce now, I've sold all my spare copies and recently Coch-Y-Bonddu books seem to have sold one for £120. I had some very enjoyable roach fishing for a couple of hours yesterday on the Stour between the floods, catching some good fish to over a pound on trotted punch.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I've caught more roach than any other species but every one still seems like an achievement, especially from rivers. Only other species I hold in almost as high regard is perch, then probably dace third.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Don't let the carpers hear you say that haha

Reckon a top 10 for me would be roach, perch, dace, bream, chub, crucian, grayling, tench, brown trout, barbel.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Roach Perch and Tench & Crucian are my faves I only fish for carp occasionally now....

Paul.P

We used to have a record roach caught by the late Bert Brown in our club room, weighed 3lb 141/2 oz, was a magnificent fish !

MarkW

Bert Brown's equal record - 3-14-0 - no half ounce - was controversial to say the least; many thought it a roach x rudd.

I've had a go at some more video, mainly to learn as I go, making many mistakes, but encouraging in that I want to do more, perhaps if the river ever settles again. Here I'm fishing the upper Dorset Stour a couple of weeks ago.

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
Roach on the fly is becoming very popular in the fly fishing world at the moment. People seem to be enjoying catching more smaller species than fewer larger species these days. Is Carp fishing on the down turn?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Nice video again Mark, the rivers certainly haven't looked that good here all November!

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Roach on the fly is becoming very popular in the fly fishing world at the moment. People seem to be enjoying catching more smaller species than fewer larger species these days. Is Carp fishing on the down turn?
I hope so... I spent decades chasing after "The Big One" now I only fish for them one a month or so... I've always said I'd rather have 10ls of Roach than 100lbs of carp... hell I might even go back to match fishing if there were more silver fish venues about