octoplus

Status
Not open for further replies.

timber

built for comfort
hi just bought a load of octoplus bits,can you tell me how they bolt on to a shakespear team box,ie where do the red spacers go inside or outside...cheers.

big dave

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Outside Dave,

They are to hold the frame off from the box to allow for the taper of the box when you have your legs up.

Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hi timber, the red spacers go on the out side between the frame and the box,

you need the spacers because the shaky box is tapered and without them the top of the leg would be too close to the side of the box to put any other attachment on.

teepee.

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
if i could type with more than one finger i'd have beet you too it Dave LOL.

teepee.

martin.

Account Locked
hi BIG DAVE
try puting them together off box first lay cross members out
then next you will have 4 brackets with 6 holes in each these
fit on xmembers 2 on each you will have 4 screws of 1 size 1 for each bracket, these can be fitted & tightened.
then dependending which model you got there should be 4 spacers with 4 plain holes in each & 4 spacers with 4 holes & inlets for nuts .the first set i mentioned go between xmember brackets & box on out side the others go on inside.
Ive always found it best to drill one hole first with 1 side in position fit 1 bolt then drill other holes in that side & fit the rest of bolts then repeat with other side

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Roppa

Before you fasten the plates to your box squirt some silicone 'round the screw holes and squash the plates into it. No chance of any leaks this way.

TINY

Tiny
Good idea Roppa,you`re not a diy fanatic by any chance are you?[:D]lol

Andy.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Dont forget your leg saver rings. I thought these were a right rip off but they are really handy. Nearly lost the legs a few times [;)]

Tight lines [:D]

martin.

Account Locked
i lose my legs most thursday nights

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Matin get one of them rubber leg saver rings and force it over your head so that its around your throat... you'll not get any black stuff down and it will save your legs. SORTED [:D][:D][:D]

teepee.

Status
Not open for further replies.