Octoplus super stool

hombre

Over the last few years Ive had trouble carrying my seat box. Its only a very ordinary box made of wood with a fibre glass base. I used a trolley especially when fishing on canals but still wasn't happy, some venues are not accesible by trolley. Any way last August(birthday present) I had bought for me an Octoplus Superstool. At first I wasn't too sure but now I think its brilliant. It weighs less than half of my previous box and it will hold everything I need. It seems very strong and is comfortable to sit on. The build quality is excellent. I tried to buy an add on tray but as Mel Wilde said"whats the point of that when your aim is to carry less tackle". I have now realised that there is plenty of room for all I need, any way no add ons have been made for the stool and they are not necessary. Extremely happy with my Octoplus stool.

matchstickman25

If no add-ons are available that will certainly limit its uses. I have been considering buying a stool for the river, but if no add ons are available for this one, i'll definitely give it a miss. Footplates are a minimum requirement on river banks, as are side trays.

Last edited by a moderator:

MOGZ

what are they like in the wind if u get off the box or using a feeder arm?

hombre

As I said before whats the point of carrying a minimum amount of tackle and then adding extra weight with add ons. Better buy a full box and carry all those extras that you don't need. Also all boxes are the same If you get up off the box and leave say your umbrella up it will blow over.

Castlefisher

Hombre S!

I had a brilo fitted with octoplus legs. I got a preston innovations sidetray which with the octoplus fitting plug meant i could use it with the brilo.
All you need is such tray, it's light- carry in your bag and fit at the bank.

cyril

El blanko
had a look at the super stool......... good idea for when we have a look down our local river no need to take all the stuff put a few bits in an your away..........easy to carry if you wana move.........mite get one ............till i saw the price for what you get oooops