Octoplus stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlythMags

I have just myself a new chair, and would like to attach a couple of octoplus arms onto the horizontal strut that runs along the side of the chair (if you see what I mean?)to allow me to attach a butt, and rod rest / buzzer.

Can you tell me whether this is possible, as all the octoplus attachments that I have seen so far seem to be designed for attaching to vertical struts / poles?

Also - is there anything out there that I can buy that will allow me to simply clamp these arms onto the pole, without me having to take the seat to pieces and sliding the clamps on?

In other words is there any clamping device on the market that will allow me to open it up completely, attach it to the strut, tighten it back up and also allow me to swivel it around 90 degrees if necessary?

Thanks

Alan

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Alan, I have seen the type of things you are talking about somewhere I think it might have been on the BDAA web site for attatching things to wheelchairs etc

Dai Fish
Be nice to your kids because its them that pick your nursing home!

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Octoplus do an attachment called "Wonder Block"
that allows you to clamp to a leg or bar without the dismantling of anything,

just check the size of the framework of your chair to make sure its the same as Octoplus legs i think its 5/8s of an inch?

the blocks are 9.99 rrp. or block with octoplus arm 13.99 rrp.

teepee.

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Tony,
I'm pretty sure that "The Wonder Block" is nothing to do with Octoplus.
They are available from Fosters of Birmingham at a price of 9.99 each.[;)]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Peter you're probably right, i'd seen them somewhere with an octoplus keepnet arm and just presumed that they were made by ocoplus![:I]

looks as though i remembered the price ok![:)]

teepee.

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Found this...

Maver Wonder Block

teepee.

Status
Not open for further replies.