Octoplus compatibility with modern kit ?

squimp

Site Supporter
I have just acquired a very cheap, old Rive box (Contibox ?) with Octoplus legs that I plan to use for long walks on the river. It is really light and simple.

It has blue inserts on the legs - I understand these are Preston Off-box inserts (?).

I plan to pick up some used attachments eg side tray, rests, feeder arm etc. Do I need to stick to Off-box attachments or is there a simple way of getting more modern attachments eg Rive D25/36 to fit ?

I have never owned a seat box before (I'm used to a rucksack and low chair approach) so some basic advice would really help.

Thanks in advance.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The old style Preston inserts only fit the old style off box fittings as the current 30/36 off box pro dont fit the originals and as far as I know there are no other inserts now for obsolete Octoplus legs anywhere, they are a 5 eighth round insert if you find anything similar.

ae111sr

Site Supporter
I'm still using a Kiley Canal Box fitted with with octagonal Octoplus legs and I'm using a couple of Preston Innovations OffBox 36 Triple Ripple Bars. I have the original blue Preston Octoplus insert on the leg (bought on Ebay) with the 30mm insert provided with the bar around that. Works for me. I also have an original Offbox Mega Side Tray and Offbox pole support that have the blue inserts, you might be able to pick up these and other stuff second hand.

squimp

Site Supporter
Thanks, that helps.

I won’t ask what ‘triple ripple bar’ is, it sounds like an ice cream......

PP123

This should fit. I use the keepnet arms on my octoplus.

Attachments

• 6FB49CF8-BA3E-43CC-BF28-F7D12DC70AC0.png
    6FB49CF8-BA3E-43CC-BF28-F7D12DC70AC0.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 27

nutmeg

Site Supporter
On the octoplus main frame you can buy conversion ends ( cant think what there called ) but you can then use more modern square legs instead of the original octoplus legs, all modern fittings can then be used. I did this with my old rive box years ago.

Total

Site Supporter
On the octoplus main frame you can buy conversion ends ( cant think what there called ) but you can then use more modern square legs instead of the original octoplus legs, all modern fittings can then be used. I did this with my old rive box years ago.

You're right in what your saying Nutmeg, but the newer Octoplus fittings will only accommodate a maximum of a 20 mm square leg.(y)