Octoplus and Browning

Hillswood46

Site Supporter
I bought an octoplus xl mainframe and legs for old beta box. I then bought a Browning Xitan groundbait bowl to attach but Browning is far too big for old Octoplus leg.

Can anyone advise on a adaptor? I can buy the insert inside Browning so I can tighten Octoplus onto it? 20200907_202847.jpg

Attachments

• 20200907_203326.jpg
    20200907_203326.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 13

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The old Octoplus size leg has been obsolete for 10 years now but the old style preston adaptor will fit inside the browning 25mm adaptor shown in your picture.

Hillswood46

Site Supporter
Thanks Ken. Is it called something specific or is it the one in JLKs post? Thank you.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
They will slowly disappear as they are also obsolete now if you get stuck I have some.

rudd

Site Supporter
If you cant get inserts wrap some old bike innertube round leg to grip onto.

Hillswood46

Site Supporter
Thanks I might have it take you up but will try the bay first. yes I thought about buying a new modern box but I would struggle with a heavy one and dont fancy a barrow. There must be a light box that could be carried and can hold gear handy like the beta but after years away from angling im out of touch!

Hillswood46

Site Supporter
Thanks for the tips lads its a hive of info here particulary when trying to get back into the fishing.

davej1981

The octoplus stuff is getting difficult to find and quite expensive on the 2nd hand market although bits always come up on ebay that are octoplus compatible. Preton do an insert to make 30mm accessories fit the octoplus system. Im also using an octoplus system and am always looking out for bits. Octoplus did do a groundbait bowl (often advertised as a side tray) likewise there are one or 2 side trays on the bay that are octoplus compatible

davej1981

Thanks I might have it take you up but will try the bay first. yes I thought about buying a new modern box but I would struggle with a heavy one and dont fancy a barrow. There must be a light box that could be carried and can hold gear handy like the beta but after years away from angling im out of touch!
Thats a reason im reluctant to change my watercraft box - it does everything i need it to plus it’s relatively light. The new z frame type boxes- i believe The only way you can adust the height between footplate and seat is by adding more units, unlike the old octoplus system. Ive also recently returned to fishing after 20yrs off and still got all my old gear. If it aint broke dont fix it!

ae111sr

Site Supporter
Thats a reason im reluctant to change my watercraft box - it does everything i need it to plus it’s relatively light. The new z frame type boxes- i believe The only way you can adust the height between footplate and seat is by adding more units, unlike the old octoplus system. Ive also recently returned to fishing after 20yrs off and still got all my old gear. If it aint broke dont fix it!
Exactly, that's why I'm still using my old Kiley 6 drawer canal box bought about 25 years ago- this has an Octoplus system and over the years I've managed to get all the bits I needed for my usage.

Hillswood46

Site Supporter
Great tip on the bike inner tube. I got a delivery of a rubber boot liner and had a eureka moment as when cut to size there were strips left. Quick go with the scissors and I have an insert with a good few spares.