Oak Royal fishery, Withnell, Lancs - any info?

corkycat

Was playing golf at Oak Royal hotel last week and noticed three fishing lakes at one end of the course. The hotel website says that one is for beginners, one is a match lake, and one is a "specimen" lake. Unfortunately the hotel staff couldn't give me any more details and I can find only patchy info on the internet.

Are there any Lancashire lads/lassies who can put some meat on the bone regarding this fishery? My interest is carp/pleasure as opposed to match. Thanks.

crumpercatcher.

Site Supporter
Scroll down to the fishing section
Oak Royal -

They have a page on Facebook. Been meaning to find out more about this place as it’s only a short drive from home.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
its Changed since I fished it. There was a fly lake no spec lake.
Match lake I fished and you had to get right to island. I gets very windy around there. I do Sunday runs around there and often see people bivvy up on match lake, never been back since. Maybe the match lake is now the specimen lake??

StuH

Site Supporter
This is only up the road from me. Never coarse fished but did go on the fly lake. The fly lake is now the speci lake, no idea how the match lake fishes. Should really give it a try some day..