Nw canals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan lever

Can anyone tell me which canals around wigan, standish area are free or day ticket?

rourke7719

Big Stu
The Leeds Liverpool Canal running from Johnson's Hill Locks at Whittle-le-Woods to the Saracen's Head at Halsall. Day tickets are 2 on the bank if a bailiff comes round. I like to fish the canals around Ince as its not far from where I live and I have not seen a bailiff in the last 2 years.

If you move off the Leeds Liverpool Canal onto the Leigh Branch which runs from near the old Girobank building/Bithells Skip Hire into Leigh, the Wigan end of that length, at least as far as Moss Bridge I believe is P&K and I've never ever seen anyone asked for a ticket on there. Somewhere along that length, maybe towards plank lane at the Leigh end I believe control chnages but I am not sure who to. I still think it is available on a day ticket though.

Alan lever

Thanks for that rourke7719, I love canal fishing and they look good when i've been past. I was going to go today but this bad weather has ruined that idea.

Saturday or some day next week I will try.

batman

We have recently been fishing the leigh branch of the canal, no one asked for a ticket, even when there was a match further down.
The leigh stretch seems to be full of fish, weed can be a problem but cyril had a 4 1/2lb bream out plenty roach and a jack pike that took a fancy to a roach. I had tench and roach. We both were bottomed out and snapped on light gear, possibly carp.
Saw some big perch sailing past too but failed to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.