Nufish/Matrix sidetrays

Jenson

Once a tankie ... always a tankie
Good evening all
Do any of you good fellas out there know if either of the above sidetrays lid opens up fully or do they just open to 90 degrees
Many thanks.

Super Rocket

Site Supporter
They both incorporate a pair of gas struts which limit the movement to approx 90 degrees, you could disconnect the struts to facilitate more movement, but the idea of the strut is to enable the lid to be opened and secured in required position.
The main difference between the two trays is the Nufish requires double fix to your box legs with single support leg, where the Matrix is single fix with double support legs. I went for the Matrix version as with single fix you can angle the tray to offer more protection. Both great peices of kit, and of similar capacity, biggest task is to find a suitable bag to put them in, I finished up buying an oversize Daiwa stink bag.

johng19

me@home.com
I have the nufish one, and its very big. When you open the lid it takes the hole of that side of the box up. Wouldn't mind something smaller maybe half the size. I'm aware they do a long thin one but not seen one yet.
Just like to add I have never had to use the support leg with this side try.

Last edited:

Simon R

Site Supporter
The Nufish stink bag (accommodates three keepnets, landing net and weigh sling) has a side pocket specially designed for their side tray.
Side tray will also fit in the side pocket of the largest Drennan carryall, although it's quite tight.

Incidentally they've just released a new combi side tray which is half traditional sidetray and half covered

Even bigger than the original

Simon

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
The Nufish stink bag (accommodates three keepnets, landing net and weigh sling) has a side pocket specially designed for their side tray.
Side tray will also fit in the side pocket of the largest Drennan carryall, although it's quite tight.

Incidentally they've just released a new combi side tray which is half traditional sidetray and half covered

Even bigger than the original

Simon
I really like that but it’s very expensive.

frankg

Site Supporter
I have the nufish one, and its very big. When you open the lid it takes the hole of that side of the box up. Wouldn't mind something smaller maybe half the size. I'm aware they do a long thin one but not seen one yet.
Just like to add I have never had to use the support leg with this side try.

I've got both the Nufish and the Matrix. You don't really need the support legs on the nufish as long as you tighten up the clamos well on the legs.....the Matrix needs the support legs due to having only one clamp. Just before anyone asks why I've got both :) .....I bought the Nufish first to use on my Matrix S36 box, but when I sold that box and got the matrix P25, it wouldn't fit, as the legs on the P25 are much closer to the box and not enough room for the Nufish clamps. Both great side trays though!

Pclaret

The nufish one opens up way more than 90 degrees when loosening the screws, goes to 180 degrees and beyond

Jenson

Many thanks everyone for all your help and info, Frankg I have a f25 box and I would have simply assumed that the nufish would fit ok so your info on that particular problem is an eye opener for me.

Many thanks again to all.

frankg

Site Supporter
Many thanks everyone for all your help and info, Frankg I have a f25 box and I would have simply assumed that the nufish would fit ok so your info on that particular problem is an eye opener for me.

Many thanks again to all.

Jenson....I was surprised too when I tried to attach it :) Having said that,I'm very pleased with the Matrix.....it's also got a solid top, which makes a great table for coffee, messing with tackle etc :D

frankg

Site Supporter
Jenson....an update....just tried to Nufish on the P25 again....it will actually fit but the plastic blue tightening hand screw is very close to the padded seat fabric and it definitely won't go further down than the bottom of the padded seat itself, as the sliding catches on the box stop it from being moved down.
So, you can only have it on the top 2" of the leg.
When screwed tight to the leg, the blue screw just about touches the seat fabric, so when sitting on it, there would be definite contact, which possibly may produce a wear point on the seat?
I tried turning the bracket on that side, upside down so the blue screw would face away from the seat, but that didn't work as the brackets are made with a slight upwards angle on them ,which made that one sit wrong on the bar of the nufish frame.....hope all this helps and hasn't confused you :)

Jenson

Frankg
Doesn't take much to confuse me excellent feedback from you many thanks?

frankg

Site Supporter
Jenson....an update....just tried to Nufish on the P25 again....it will actually fit but the plastic blue tightening hand screw is very close to the padded seat fabric and it definitely won't go further down than the bottom of the padded seat itself, as the sliding catches on the box stop it from being moved down.
So, you can only have it on the top 2" of the leg.
When screwed tight to the leg, the blue screw just about touches the seat fabric, so when sitting on it, there would be definite contact, which possibly may produce a wear point on the seat?
I tried turning the bracket on that side, upside down so the blue screw would face away from the seat, but that didn't work as the brackets are made with a slight upwards angle on them ,which made that one sit wrong on the bar of the nufish frame.....hope all this helps and hasn't confused you :)

These should give you a better idea....a photo of each side bracket on the box :)

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpg
    IMG_1085.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 42

Jenson

Frankg on photo no.1 you mentioned earlier that the blue tightening screw rubs against the seat cushion is it not possible to take the blue screw out totally and reinsert it from the other side so that it would be opposite to where it is now. I know you can do this with the Preston offbox brackets?

Jenson

You could, if you turned the brackets upside down
Hi, I think Frankg tried that but because the brackets are made with an upward incline (if that's the right description) the bracket would not sit right on the frame of the sidetray. Thanks

spark1

Just buy leg extensions and that will bring the tray up above the seat. I've got leg extensions and cut them to about 100mm and use them on my P25 box on the left. I've just bought a large preston ventalite tray with the hood (quality piece of kit by the way) and one of the brackets catches the seat at the back so I just use the leg extensions to bring the tray up which suits me because I don't want to lean down lower to get stuff off the tray.

Jenson

Just buy leg extensions and that will bring the tray up above the seat. I've got leg extensions and cut them to about 100mm and use them on my P25 box on the left. I've just bought a large preston ventalite tray with the hood (quality piece of kit by the way) and one of the brackets catches the seat at the back so I just use the leg extensions to bring the tray up which suits me because I don't want to lean down lower to get stuff off the tray.
Another option many thanks for that ?