NuFish Aqualock - Side tray (For Rive D36 box)

Retro

Hi Gents,

Considering getting the Nufish Aqualock side tray & heard a lot of good things about it.

Anyone use one with a Rive D36 box ???

Just wondering as legs aren't as' high up' as other box's & just worried base of side tray may be a bit low ??

Any help / advice appreciated !

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I have a Rive RS box and have found that my side tray is too low. Have you raised yours by getting a longer middle leg, or leg extender.

bricky72

Site Supporter
I used to use nufish side tray on my st rive and found it ok but I didn’t need any extra trays to heighten seat

now I’ve a rsw rive I have to use a longer leg for tray as they have increased tray heights and thicker seat cushion and a standard leg is to low for side tray

baggy

Mark Saunders
I have one for my drennan d36 and it’s fine but then I’m a short arse who doesn’t need extra trays to heighten to level the box

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hi Gents,

Considering getting the Nufish Aqualock side tray & heard a lot of good things about it.

Anyone use one with a Rive D36 box ???

Just wondering as legs aren't as' high up' as other box's & just worried base of side tray may be a bit low ??

Any help / advice appreciated !

Hi Retro

I have one that I use on a Tournament 500. One of the best pieces of kit I’ve ever bought. Perfect so far and it’s had some right welly. 👍

Attachments

• 4DCC0DA8-9A7D-42EA-A28A-0414D1EF2290.jpeg
    4DCC0DA8-9A7D-42EA-A28A-0414D1EF2290.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 16

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Contact Tim Beighton on the book of faces and get a couple of male and female leg inserts.
Get a spare non-telescopic leg and cut it down to size, say 150mm or what ever suits,
Pop the caps off your existing tray-side legs and put them into one end of the above
Put a female threaded insert into each tray-side leg
Put a male threaded insert into the uncapped ends of the cut off sections (above)

That way you can just screw in an extension into your legs when you want, plus can make them to whatever size you need without having to buy new longer legs

Nicky Dodds

Dave's suggestion may well work, but I've seen a nufish aqualock sidetray mounted on leg extenders on a different type of box and I'll be honest it wasn't a pretty sight. There was at least a 2" drop from inside to outside. Personally I think they are a heavy thing that need secure anchor points. One disadvantage with the aqualock is that they need to be fixed higher up than normal sidetrays and the higher they go on extensions the more pressure is exerted on the joint.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Dave's suggestion may well work, but I've seen a nufish aqualock sidetray mounted on leg extenders on a different type of box and I'll be honest it wasn't a pretty sight. There was at least a 2" drop from inside to outside. Personally I think they are a heavy thing that need secure anchor points. One disadvantage with the aqualock is that they need to be fixed higher up than normal sidetrays and the higher they go on extensions the more pressure is exerted on the joint.

I’ve seen one in use where the fixing brackets were fixed the wrong way around. This leads to the side tray ‘ drooping ‘. They do come with instructions but, I guess some don’t read instructions. 🙄🤣🤣

Retro

Thanks for replies lads - i've got a extra tray in i think for my height (6ft 1) so reckon i'll have to look at alternatives !