Now thats a wedding cake

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I did the doors of a wedding at Sandon hall on saturday night, lovely couple shame about the grooms parents (think Hiacynth bucket) , anyway, from what i was told the grooms parents started sticking their nose in and taking control of the wedding plans so the bride got them to agree that she could deal with the wedding cake and they could be involved in everything else...

This is the wedding cake..

That's 7 teirs of Pork Pie, Stilton, Black Bomber and Blue Shropshire cheeses.....

It looked and tasted amazing, funnily enough the bride apparently "forgot" that the grooms family are all vegans :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• 20190803_201919[1].jpg
    20190803_201919[1].jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 61

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The grooms sister came up to me while i was eating a nice piece of the middle teir, it was pork pie with caramelised onion and a nice piece of blue shropshire on top...she "huffed" and said "how can you eat that knowing it was a lovely living animal happy in it's life a few weeks ago, you are eating the dead flesh of a living thing...doesn't that disgust you?"

I looked at her, swallowed the piece i was eating and said "how do i eat it, well, i open my mouth and then bite down so my teeth slice through the lovely soft fleshy part, the crunch of the onions ads to the pleasure and the cheese made from the milk stolen from a calf...that just give it the perfect bit of tang" she spun on her heels and walked away..... shame cos she was a good looking lass but by god she needed a decent full grill to give her skin some colour!

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I would bet diamonds that our illustrious leader now has picture of said cake on the ceiling above his bed:p:p:p

rudd

Site Supporter
I did the doors of a wedding at Sandon hall on saturday night, lovely couple shame about the grooms parents (think Hiacynth bucket) , anyway, from what i was told the grooms parents started sticking their nose in and taking control of the wedding plans so the bride got them to agree that she could deal with the wedding cake and they could be involved in everything else...

This is the wedding cake..

That's 7 teirs of Pork Pie, Stilton, Black Bomber and Blue Shropshire cheeses.....

It looked and tasted amazing, funnily enough the bride apparently "forgot" that the grooms family are all vegans :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Wheres the condiments?
Mustard, pickles, piccalili, chuntneys, apple slices, grapes and a litre of Merlotl

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Mustard, pickles, piccalili, chuntneys, apple slices, grapes and a litre of Merlotl
Merlot? oop north?? To them, Wine is something southerners do when they are not catching.:p

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is "full grill" a euphemism for good seeing to? o_O

bacon, sausages, pork chops, gammon, black pudding, tomatoes and mushrooms.

Wheres the condiments?

Why the hell would you want to ruin the taste by adding rubbish like mustard, chutney, apple, grapes and alcohol??

rudd

Site Supporter
bacon, sausages, pork chops, gammon, black pudding, tomatoes and mushrooms.

Why the hell would you want to ruin the taste by adding rubbish like mustard, chutney, apple, grapes and alcohol??
You like piccalilli then ?
I am from out East on a peninsula with two big tidal rivers and grade a agricultural land where years ago our forefathers learnt how to combine flavour from both sea and !and.
In truth one grandad was a butcher, the other a farmer / gardener who feed are family fresh produce as well as the various jams, pickles, pickled veg, chutney, beer, wine and stronger alcohol.
I like a good combination of flavour!