Novelty pairs meadowlands. 04/05/19

bricky72

Site Supporter
Today was the 2nd novelty pairs match I’ve ran and at same venue as last year and same set up one on bomb/ feeder on Lambsdown pool (big lake ) and on warren pool (smaller lake ) float only
After 18 of the 32 turned up for breakfast at the pub it wasn’t going to be a shorts and suntan day as unlike last years baking hot sun it was a chilly 6 degrees when we got to fishiery
So everyone starts paying me pools etc and I was one missing at 859 so I checked phone and we were going to have a no show again match organiser worst nightmare ( it seems a regular occurrence on this match ) made worse by fact I’d got a lot of raffle prizes and I’d picked someone up whose car had died on Friday morning so I left my tackle at home otherwise I’d have fished as was pole angler who wasn’t coming again in a pairs match is not ideal so just before the draw someone said they wouldn’t fish to even it up even though I had a contingency plan in place in case of this happening but this funny talking bloke was insistent
So on to draw which was two bags of my famous orange ping pong balls one for each lake
I gave Alan Alan the nearest peg to car park and few of younger lads helped him get his stuff to his home for next 5 hours
So on to the fishing and on my first walk to big lake to drop scales etc of it was quick trip back to van for fleece as the wind was freezing and whilst chatting to everyone it was noticeable that it was slow at start and could be a hard match
There was usual banter as kirtons was drawn near his trainer gutsy and the other side was LGBT member ( whose name I’ve forgotten) sure chappo or one of Stowe lads will remind me and also just below was a lad who been in Adam wakelin ear all week getting info and a very strong smell of polony from a guru clothed angler which I think you could smell miles away

On walking to smaller lake my 1st port of call I came across a tree littered with socks and other clothing on asking what’s going on reply was a expensive section dropped in so went after it and fortunately he got it and had spare pair of socks lol
On the walk around here again it was looking likely to be hard with not many fish being caught but what was noticeable was it was top coat colder on smaller lake with the wind so after chatting with a few I made my way for drink and undo my chocolate bag and a treat for Curts and gutsy
So below are the top two on each lake brief match report and the rest of winners in pairs

Feeder/ bomb

1st Lucas gough 49lb 2oz
I've set up 3 rods including 2 x 12ft 2" matrix horizon xs slims one with a 40g guru hybrid feeder at 55m and the other with a conventional cage feeder at 40m, 3rd rod was a 11ft 6" matrix horizon xs slim with a Preston ics at 20m.
First chuck of the match on the hybrid feeder produced one carp and then despite swapping and changing baits and lines no further bites for the next 3 hours of the match.
Around 90 minutes before the end I've come back onto my 20m line with a hair rigged pellet and I've caught a further 7 carp and lost 3.
I've probably fed around a pint of pellets all match and a few dead reds through the conventional cage.
Managed to weigh 49lb and a few ounces to win the feeder lake.

2nd
Clive Hamilton 48lb 8oz
fished method at 40 mtrs, with micros & and banded pellet, changing to groundbait halfway through, he made sure he cast out every 2 minutes

Float

1st

Dan the man tarrent

55lb 6oz

i caught half the silvers at 13m over gb and dead maggs and a the other at 2+2 on meat feeding meat in a toss pot and a few pellets by hand over top,cheers for a nice day,top job mucker ?

2nd
Ian lillystone
37lb 2oz

few skimmers on 6 mm hard pellet 13 metre with a rogue 10 lb carp ,then later on 7 metre line on 6 mm expanders.mainly skimmers and a few stockie carp .

Those match reports are what the anglers sent me

Pairs results

1st
Martin 2468. And Dan the man
101 lb 14oz

2nd
Clive and Trevor b
67 lb 12 oz

3rd

Kirtons and Chefster

63lb 6oz

Whilst at the pub chappo took over the raffle as think he could sell sand to Arabs and what also helped was the amazing table full of prizes which I will thank everyone for at end I think most people who came back ended up with few prizes as was that much

On to main bit now and reason for match we raised £560 quid on day which is a tremendous amount for a one day match

So many thanks to everyone who contributed and fished
Special thanks to the folk below who donated raffle prizes

Bobco tackle Leeds
Nathan’s of derby
Cadence tackle
Drennan
Future fishing
Evolved groundbait
Benwicks
Ng floats
John Webb
Neil of nene
Colmic tackle

And sorry if missed anyone of this list

I very much appreciate everyone that turned up today and raised some money for great cause

Thanks
Bricky

Attachments

• A43EAE37-01AA-48B6-9ADA-37A0991E474B.jpeg
    A43EAE37-01AA-48B6-9ADA-37A0991E474B.jpeg
    550.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 56F9C646-1CC0-4E3F-A383-81E8617A9A18.jpeg
    56F9C646-1CC0-4E3F-A383-81E8617A9A18.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 2FA9F8DB-8E1A-405E-B577-FCDD8551EE6C.jpeg
    2FA9F8DB-8E1A-405E-B577-FCDD8551EE6C.jpeg
    501.5 KB · Views: 13
  • BE14ADFF-505F-4228-BBA8-51FAE92E02CE.jpeg
    BE14ADFF-505F-4228-BBA8-51FAE92E02CE.jpeg
    614.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Thanks David for organising another great match, well more of a special event than a match, for such a worthwhile cause makes it special. I really enjoyed the day (well most of it. o_O) I don't care what the results say I won yesterday ........ My No 8 section slid off the platform, straight in the drink, tilted upwards and sank out of sight. :eek:Nothing else for it but, to jump in after it ! Luckily enough I managed to dunk my hand in the right place and retrieve it.. :upthumb: In consolation I was awarded 10 points for artistic creativity from the judges on the far bank. :ROFLMAO:

So top marks to Bricky, Chappo and everyone that took part yesterday.

Gutsy

Great day again Bricky thanks for organising it , my days fishing wasn't brilliant but the crack was great , stand out thing for me really was back at the pub after the match , I know you have put a lot of hard work into organising this match for this charity and I know the reason why , the tackle companies and shops had been really generous and there were some great prizes for a local competition but what was the most impressive thing was the anglers generosity, I know you'd had money off people that couldn't fish to support and nearly every angler to a man was having £20-£30 of raffle tickets, amazing !!!! That made my day , so from me a big big thank you to all who supported this event , hopefully Bricky will run it again next year .

Whisker

Site Supporter
My apologies to all for not making it, especially Dave, who I know puts a tremendous amount of hard work into organising this event. Gutted to have missed it.
A couple of photos of my day...

Attachments

• E2510442-CA4F-4C6E-9C53-E94A9061D78B.png
    E2510442-CA4F-4C6E-9C53-E94A9061D78B.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 827091E8-5C15-4537-ADC5-3879D0045111.png
    827091E8-5C15-4537-ADC5-3879D0045111.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 38

Gutsy

My apologies to all for not making it, especially Dave, who I know puts a tremendous amount of hard work into organising this event. Gutted to have missed it.
A couple of photos of my day...

Bloody hell Whisker you don't have any luck only bad mate , you only had it serviced the day before ?? missed a good match though and I think Scibe and Neil missed you and the golden nugget .

Trevor B

Site Supporter
Thanks to Bricky for organising a good match and lots of money for a great cause . Trev

Whisker

Site Supporter
Bloody hell Whisker you don't have any luck only bad mate , you only had it serviced the day before ?? missed a good match though and I think Scibe and Neil missed you and the golden nugget .

Not done yet either mate. £114 for a new battery yesterday, came out to it this morning and... it didn’t start! Its gone back and I’ve hired a car for a week as I’m in Cov, London and Newport this week.
Gutted I missed it. Got everything ready Friday night, up early Saturday and good to go, complete with a pocket full of nuggets. Will have to raise the stakes to £2 when we meet at Jansons in September ?

90sGear

Site Supporter
Cheers Brikey your a legend for running it , for a great cause and you really put everything into it. Lucky to have you on here.

Well done to all the framers and for the general good vibes all round.

After not seeing a carp all day yesterday I've redeemed myself with 122lb of Freizelands (back lake) finest today :) although had I been Chefster I would have said I've had about 10lb ;)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
A brilliant day well done Dave for organising,a lot of money raised for a very worthy cause , plenty of banter and was great catching up with people ,it was a tad cold sat out on that point ☃️⛄️Well done to all the winners and framers ??

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Not done yet either mate. £114 for a new battery yesterday, came out to it this morning and... it didn’t start! Its gone back and I’ve hired a car for a week as I’m in Cov, London and Newport this week.
Gutted I missed it. Got everything ready Friday night, up early Saturday and good to go, complete with a pocket full of nuggets. Will have to raise the stakes to £2 when we meet at Jansons in September ?

@Whisker I couldn't in all conscience take £2 from you at Jansons - tell you what mate put the money towards a new car. :LOL:(y)

Goughybagsup1

Thanks for all your fantastic organisation bricky great cause and I'm glad we raised a few pounds!
The drawer was kind to me in one respect as there were a few fish and even kinder in another respect as I had kirtonsa and Gutsy to my right who must have a deeply grounded love affair between them there seemed to be a lot of love floating around!
Thanks to bricky and Chapman for the intermittent 5 hours of verbal abuse it was lovely!
Cant wait for next year !!!
Hit every bite !
Goughy

bricky72

Site Supporter
Thanks for all your fantastic organisation bricky great cause and I'm glad we raised a few pounds!
The drawer was kind to me in one respect as there were a few fish and even kinder in another respect as I had kirtonsa and Gutsy to my right who must have a deeply grounded love affair between them there seemed to be a lot of love floating around!
Thanks to bricky and Chapman for the intermittent 5 hours of verbal abuse it was lovely!
Hit every bite !
Goughy
Good to see you to mr matrix gay pride magazine editor and you missed best laugh of day of your report

Trolley falling over lol 16EB93E5-0592-4522-8F42-60AAF4470D55.jpeg 6E723058-DDB2-45BA-A72A-1040642B5DDF.jpeg

bricky72

Site Supporter
Hit every bite !
Goughy
Didn’t Chappo tell you that curts and gutsy are in a open relationship