NOTTS/DERBY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianski

I want to take my 6 yr old lad fishin with me, can anyone reccomend an easy catch for my boy? (and come to think of it for me too cos i aint v good)
We live near junction 26 of the M1 on the notts/derby border

Cheers lads, (whoops and lasses)

ian[?]

Ian C

quote:Originally posted by ianski

I want to take my 6 yr old lad fishin with me, can anyone reccomend an easy catch for my boy? (and come to think of it for me too cos i aint v good)
We live near junction 26 of the M1 on the notts/derby border

Cheers lads, (whoops and lasses)

ian[?]

Hi Ian

Firstly, welcome back to angling [:D]
I only started back at the end of last year after a 10 year layoff too [:)]

Can you give us an idea of the sort of fishing you would like to do and the sort of tackle you have?
Are you able to travel far or are you limited to using public transport?

Datafile3.asp

Ian C

lee cole

'fishin mad'
willinghurst is good but i dont know how far it is away from you. it has a lot of carp big and small they also have lots of small fish.

lee argue.gif

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Hi Ian

Welcome to MDs. I've been in a similar position when my kids wanted to give it a go for the first time. I'm sorry but I don't know your area so can't suggest locations but this is what I did.

What I did was ask at the local tackle shop(s) for pointers towards an easy location with plenty of small fish. What you need to do is get plenty of bites when you go with your son for the first few times and retain his interest.

I was lucky enough to find a couple which fitted the bill. One of them incidentally has a touring caravan park alongside it, which has a small playground. That worked really well, when they got a bit bored they'd go off and have a play and then come back and have another go.

Another tip, try to get a short 3/4m whip rather than a rod & reel for your lad to start with, much less hassle with tangles etc.

Hope you find somewhere and both enjoy yourselves.

AlanP

darryl

go to walkers of trowel and buy a stanton fishing club book 10 adult 1 child fish the nutbrook canel it`s stuffed with carp to 6lb or go to hallcroft retford.if the farm ponds at blemhien lane bulwell are open try to fish the small pond for tench or cruchian carp,live near j26 myself and there`s not realy alot around here joined pride of derby j24 that seems to offer the best choice in this area

Datafile2.asp

you can not catch one sitting at home

darryl

woodall farm ponds in bulwell up at bleimhiem farm reopens on the 16 june

Datafile2.asp

you can not catch one sitting at home

MrC

Hallcroft (Retford) has a stock pond.. which you can fish.. garenteed to catch they recon.
This is a good place to take your boy but make sure you fish the stock ponds. I think you can get day ticket 4.50 (not sure how much it is.) number: 01777710448...
Cheers . Mal.

Status
Not open for further replies.