notts aa river trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel67

were would any members say to go on our stretchers thinking of going at weekend any info be nice cheers

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
Careful on which stretches you are going to, Division 1 national is on the Trent on Saturday.

dstev

Dave
Starts at Stoke Ferry Lane, so you'd be OK to fish Colwick, Little Higgin (Holme Pierrepoint) or Beeston Weir eel67. Beeston Weir for Barbel and Chub, Little Higgin for Bream, not sure about Colwick, but I think ricky may know a little about that stretch [;)]

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by brasem

Careful on which stretches you are going to, Division 1 national is on the Trent on Saturday.

Well *@#$!!!!

I was intending to go to Stoke Bardolph on Weds and I bet it will be rammed. A rethink then...

[:(]

Ricky24

Rich
Originally posted by dstev

Starts at Stoke Ferry Lane, so you'd be OK to fish Colwick, Little Higgin (Holme Pierrepoint) or Beeston Weir eel67. Beeston Weir for Barbel and Chub, Little Higgin for Bream, not sure about Colwick, but I think ricky may know a little about that stretch [;)]

Lol roflmao.gif

Ricky24

Rich
I can vouch for the Little Higgin stretch for the Bream I had about 35lb when I came to Nottingham about 3 weeks ago.

Last year I had this

4szewp.jpg

8lb 3oz

It was raining all day to. Hope you have a good day wherever you go, I am envious.

Last edited:

eel67

a zander would be nice other than that barbel or chub anything really we are going on sunday

Ricky24

Rich
Can't help with the 'Z's' mate but Barbel and Chub take your pick from any good weirpools in and around Nottingham. East Bridgford is very good, cast 3/4 of way across on double Lobworm on size 6 hook. PVA Mesh style small bag of pellets and an 1-2oz Bomb depending on flow. Get near the weir and you can catch a lot closer in to 1/4 to 1/2 way across, same way and same method. Some Good 'uns in there but very snaggy first 100 yds from the weir, razor sharp mussle beds and big rocks, there's a gulley that runs through the middle of the Trent dropping to eight foot from about 3 foot at most, which is why there's a lot of Barbel and Chub there. Good luck

Trendy Angler

Originally posted by brasem

correct, the match stretches have been rammed for ages with teams practising. Over the weekend you'd have struggled to get a peg if you turned up at 7.

Saw Tommy Pickering at matchbox tackle in balderton the other day [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.